Sign in to follow this  
coldestvisionz

Iraq 2003 Invasion. An Episodic Mod - ARMA 3

needs some wrinkles towards the strap thingy. at least some subtle ones. really nice job otherwise!

needs some wrinkles towards the strap thingy. at least some subtle ones. really nice job otherwise!

Do you mean the bond that goes around the helmet?

hit me up if you need any static objects, going to push my mod out this week (hopefully) and i made several items that you could possibly use (satcom, 117's etc). but yeah, this sounds pretty cool ;) good luck.

Do you mean the bond that goes around the helmet?

yea sorry my english sucks. i meant some "reaction" of the fabric cover of the helmet to the bond. but maybe the fabric underneath isn't that loose. no idea what it should look like. i'm not exactly a gear expert. the bond just looks a bit detached from the object. maybe it's because it looks rounder in the textured screenshot. in the untextured screenshot it looks flatter and more tight to the underlying surface. maybe the dirt/ao shadow underneath needs to be sharper and closer. at the moment it kinda suggests to much influence by the bond which makes me want to see more wrinkles. so getting the dirt/shadow closer and darker might help.

no idea. i'm mainly tired and talking out of my ass ;)

I'm up for being a tester. I know my way around adding mods and stuff so there should be no problem about missing required mods. I also have a very large section of my life available to whatever I please as I'm not very busy at all, so if you need me, sap all the time I have. (Metaphorically - I need some time to myself once in awhile)

yea sorry my english sucks. i meant some "reaction" of the fabric cover of the helmet to the bond. but maybe the fabric underneath isn't that loose. no idea what it should look like. i'm not exactly a gear expert. the bond just looks a bit detached from the object. maybe it's because it looks rounder in the textured screenshot. in the untextured screenshot it looks flatter and more tight to the underlying surface. maybe the dirt/ao shadow underneath needs to be sharper and closer. at the moment it kinda suggests to much influence by the bond which makes me want to see more wrinkles. so getting the dirt/shadow closer and darker might help.

no idea. i'm mainly tired and talking out of my ass ;)

Lol yea it is kind of too round i might remake it or just make it a bit thinner regarding the wrinkels we have made wrinkles on the normal map but from that view they dosn't really show :( maybe we can make them stand out a bit more i will ask flutter!

Thanks for the feadback though :)

I'm up for being a tester. I know my way around adding mods and stuff so there should be no problem about missing required mods. I also have a very large section of my life available to whatever I please as I'm not very busy at all, so if you need me, sap all the time I have. (Metaphorically - I need some time to myself once in awhile)

There is never a shortage of testers lol i won't promis you anything i think we can manage it on our own, but we need to talk about it some time.

Lol yea it is kind of too round i might remake it or just make it a bit thinner regarding the wrinkels we have made wrinkles on the normal map but from that view they dosn't really show :( maybe we can make them stand out a bit more i will ask flutter!

Gerddarnit - I have searched low and far, but there is no reference image in my posession that has any significant wrinkles arround the headband.

http://i66.servimg.com/u/f66/13/56/44/49/dscn0825.jpg

Normaly the Helmet-cover is thightly fit to the Helmet so the Headband wont bend the surface down, since it is already right on top of the Cover. Though please note: the headband is currently not affected by a Normalmap and therefor has no visual depth based on the fabric it is made of.

Gerddarnit - I have searched low and far, but there is no reference image in my posession that has any significant wrinkles arround the headband.

yea but what i mean is that the shadow underneath it suggests that it is bending the surface/fabric more than it really is (looking at your ref pic) which makes me want to see wrinkles. so to make it more clear. just make the shadow more sharp and closer to avoid that suggestive effect and you won't need wrinkles ;) look at astast's signature. the AO in there makes it perfect (or here http://i7.minus.com/ikJud3UGvQpGZ.jpg). for some reason on the textured version the shadow goes further and is more diffuse. maybe you hand painted it? or maybe it's just dirt that looks too dark. i don't know :confused: and the reference you show has no darkening in that area at all. be it dirt or shadow.

sorry for stretching it out so much since it's really a super minor subjective thing. i just replied since astast asked. it still looks very nice.

I see what you mean now :) the bond wasn't placed on the helmet when making the ao and nohq because it would ruin the wrinkels that is on the helmet also i would like to be able to remove it from the helmet to make variation so some will have it and some won't, as you say it is a minor detail that i don't think many people will care about :P

yea but what i mean is that the shadow underneath it suggests that it is bending the surface/fabric more than it really is (looking at your ref pic) which makes me want to see wrinkles. so to make it more clear. just make the shadow more sharp and closer to avoid that suggestive effect and you won't need wrinkles ;) look at astast's signature. the AO in there makes it perfect (or here http://i7.minus.com/ikJud3UGvQpGZ.jpg). for some reason on the textured version the shadow goes further and is more diffuse. maybe you hand painted it? or maybe it's just dirt that looks too dark. i don't know :confused: and the reference you show has no darkening in that area at all. be it dirt or shadow.

sorry for stretching it out so much since it's really a super minor subjective thing. i just replied since astast asked. it still looks very nice.

Sorry i completly misunderstood your first post. Well the shadow is there because i had to retrace the shadow via the UV-Grid and it did not go as accurate ^^. Maybee i can get em closer to where i want it on Friday.

We have a great need of more talent. If There is anyone out there that may have friends with certain skill sets, please send them our way!