Sign in to follow this  
TheOnlyX

Ejection not possible in helicopter(s)

Currently when you are in-flight with the MH-6 (I have not tested any other helicopter yet) you can not eject, even with auto-hover activated. I'm not sure if it's a bug or it just hasn't been implemented yet, which is why I wanted to make a forum post before I added it as a bug. Does anyone else have this issue or know whether or not it's a bug, etc.

I hope it's a feature, not a bug. While there should be some method of exiting an airborne vehicle, Arma 2 was highly unrealistic in that regard. Had lots of fun flying simple helicopters in warfare missions, bailing out over the enemy's base, and then wrecking stuff with satchel charges when my opponents assumed I had "crashed." :D

I'm looking forward to some hopping out of helis into the water as a diver :D

A lot of helicopters have jettisonable doors, so that would be great i think (but obviously without parachute).

Would be really useful at low altitude over water per example, instead of perishing stupidly, trapped into your helo.

we'll. I tell people when I am training them to fly you have a good chance at surviving a crash landing through auto-rotation, but you have about a 30% chance of living if you bail out, and your crew will have a 0% chance of living, because at our normal altitudes your chute won't deploy and you will be a pancake, and your crew and passangers usually don't have a chute on them. You are better off relying on your Auto-Rotation skills when it comes to getting you and your friends back alive. I got tagged by an RPG in a multiplayer Wastland mission yesterday on the alpha but everyone survived because I trained hard on my auto-rotation skills. I recommend doing the same.

Edited by Patchwork

I understand what you guys mean about certain reasons, etc. for the ejection. While I agree with patchwork, to be quite honest I was really only thinking about having an eject for, like I said, divers to hop off the sides of little birds into the water.

A lot of helicopters have jettisonable doors, so that would be great i think (but obviously without parachute).

Would be really useful at low altitude over water per example, instead of perishing stupidly, trapped into your helo.

Just 2 days ago a grmen Tiger Helicopter went down over the alps...the crew did what is told to do...sit it out the crash in the safety cell cockpit...they used that jettisonable doors to escape the wreck while it burned out.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130305/german-army-tiger-helicopters-grounded-post-crash