Sign in to follow this  
GhostOfSparta

Reincarnating as a bird (video attached)

Hey all! I am new to Arma, as I am new to PC gaming. Just built my rig back in December! Anyway, was giving the alpha a go and playing some co-op with a buddy to familiarize ourselves with the controls, when I died and respawned as a bird! I thought it was pretty funny so I wanted to share it with everyone here :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xO1ElHe5nA

So far this is really the only glitch I have encountered so far. If this has been talked about before, I apologize as I just signed up for the forums.

Thank you for your time :)

It isn't a glitch. It is supposed to happen. It has been that way since OFP. I'm happy to see the seagull is back though.

Hello and welcome to Arma, hope you enjoy your stay :)

This one is not actually a glitch but rather a silly feature, it has been with the series with the series since the first.

Not a glitch, you always spawns as a bird when you die, unless said otherwise...

Nothing glitchy or new here.

Oh really? Well damn! Like I said, I am new so I didn't know that. How embarassing....still though...it is funny!

As "cute" and "nostalgic" as it is, I really with B.I. threw away with it for Arma 3. Why can't we just have a regular spectate mode -- it makes playing coop missions with small groups of friends really difficult. I always feel guilty when a friend dies because they have nothing to do other than control a wonky ass bird. Then the rest of the mission becomes "Can you see me!?" "Hey look I'm flying over you!".. lawlz I'm a bird.

As "cute" and "nostalgic" as it is, I really with B.I. threw away with it for Arma 3. Why can't we just have a regular spectate mode -- it makes playing coop missions with small groups of friends really difficult. I always feel guilty when a friend dies because they have nothing to do other than control a wonky ass bird. Then the rest of the mission becomes "Can you see me!?" "Hey look I'm flying over you!".. lawlz I'm a bird.

Is there any way to spawn in as soldier without completely quitting out of the game? Also, when do you become the bird? I died a couple times and spawned in just fine but then I died and I was a bird.

That respawntype has been with us since OFP. :)

EDIT: Should have F5'ed...

EDIT2: The mission editor decides the respawntype. Possibly you ran out of soldiers to respawn in, so you became a bird afterwards.

Edited by NeMeSiS

That respawntype has been with us since OFP. :)

EDIT: Should have F5'ed...

EDIT2: The mission editor decides the respawntype. Possibly you ran out of soldiers to respawn in, so you became a bird afterwards.

Ah that makes sense. Thank you :)