Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

None of these apply. What happens is, when I launch it, it starts up fine and runs for maybe 15-20 secs loads the program and then its says this: http://puu.sh/3X2VX.jpg

It happens everytime and makes the program unusable. I have even tried launching the outdated Six Updater and the same thing happens. Now when I try running Arma 2: OA it crashes and won't work. So I can not play it.

Does either of the options presented here help: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/play_with_six_has_encountered_a_problem_cannot_launch ?

dont not download this ****... it just tried to give my cpu a virus, which my anti prog caught before it inhaled inside my comp. THIS PROG IS ****, DONT DOWNLOAD IT

you downloaded a virus of a 3rd party website... it isnt PWS fault if you cant use the internet properly.

so if a URL is something you dont like the look of, dont download it. - also fail to understand how a peice of hardware can get a virus...

im pretty sure you meant system files lol

We'll get on it asap, first completing a migration and deploying new build soon.

thanks sickboy nice work

I reported this on your website as well but since updating today, I no longer see any A3 servers in PwS 1.30.476 (A2 servers are fine). I tried the beta but it just crashes on launching.

Adding mods to a costum made preset sometimes won't launch the game with those mods- anyone else has the same issue?

any news on when addons, etc will be categorized and added/updated again?

I've just put @tup in my Arma3 folder and PwS won't recognise it, even after restarting. It doesn't find tup at all if I search, so it's not just that it's not showing it in Local because it's on Six.

In the new version, will you change the highlight colour because at the moment when selecting a mod, the blue highlight means the name of the mod is invisible? :eek:

Will there be a way to filter on multiple words for server and mission, so e.g. I could put !dayz !wasteland in both boxes because at the moment I have to use one or the other in each box, which means servers with the other name or mission are still listed. A "hide dayz and wasteland" tickbox would be even better, as then I could still put words in the filter boxes that I actually want to find!

@TUP is registered as an ARMA 2 mod and should become visible in ARMA3 if you add @AllInArma,

we're working on improving this for the upcoming v1.5 release.

The mod section as you know it no longer exists in v1.5, and the highlights have been fixed in general; blue highlight with white text.

The requested search filtering mechanics should already be available in the beta previews, but as: !wasteland; !dayz

so the combinator atm is "; "

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Very soon, everything should be pretty much in top condition before the official ARMA3 release.

Very soon, everything should be pretty much in top condition before the official ARMA3 release.

thank you for the information :)

PWS makes my life so much easier.

@TUP is registered as an ARMA 2 mod and should become visible in ARMA3 if you add @AllInArma,

we're working on improving this for the upcoming v1.5 release.

The mod section as you know it no longer exists in v1.5, and the highlights have been fixed in general; blue highlight with white text.

The requested search filtering mechanics should already be available in the beta previews, but as: !wasteland; !dayz

so the combinator atm is "; "

Thanks, that does work. Would still be nice to have a separate exclude and include filter box, so we could leave the exclude one set to !wasteland; !dayz and use the include one to search for servers.

I still can't get TUP to show, even if I select a modset with @AllInArma included. I'm confused though because the @TUP I downloaded is only 2.91MB yet on your website you have it at 254MB.

Ah, this is what I downloaded http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160755-Stealth-Takedown-Weapon-Resting-and-more&highlight=tup

whereas your link is to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117485-Arma-2-Qom-Province-(Lite)

It seems he uses @TUP for both his mods. Anyway, PwS doesn't find anything for TUP.

I let the Beta Preview update/convert my mods to Synq but it threw up an error for AllInArma about a missing rsync folder. Then it got stuck just showing Updating and not doing anything and I had to kill it with Task Manager. It no longer says I need to update, so I presume it worked. It's created around 208MB of files in the Synq folder and I have around 576MB of installed mods.

I note that the mods list doesn't indicate which are already installed or included in the currently selected modset, which would be helpful.

When I add ACRE to the modset, it says it has to also install CBA_TOH, CBA_CO and jayArma2lib, which seems a bit strange but maybe ACRE is currently still an Arma2 mod that only works with AllInArma? Ah, I see it disappears when AllInArma isn't selected. However this itself is a bit buggy as it only updates if I change modset and then back. Would be nice if it refreshed when enabling/disabling a mod and would also be nice to have a refresh to check for mods added to the mod folder manually, rather than having to close and restart PwS.

Bit annoying that the mods list closes/resets when changing modset, as it means if we realise we don't have the desired modset selected, we have to change and then drill down to find the mod again to add it.

Adding mods to a costum made preset sometimes won't launch the game with those mods- anyone else has the same issue?

could you please provide some more details on what is it that you do or are trying to do, we haven't heard about it so far to my knowledge.

could you please provide some more details on what is it that you do or are trying to do, we haven't heard about it so far to my knowledge.

Sure. I created a costum preset (mod list) to launch the game with via PWS (ArmA2). Sometimes, when I add new addons to the preset the game won't launch with the new ones. For example: I created a preset of ace 2 and a couple of maps, and when I tried to add one of RH's weapon pack and the game launched just fine, but it didnt run the RH addon.

I note that the mods list doesn't indicate which are already installed or included in the currently selected modset, which would be helpful.

Bit annoying that the mods list closes/resets when changing modset, as it means if we realise we don't have the desired modset selected, we have to change and then drill down to find the mod again to add it.

The new release should fix this by displaying are your installed mods in the 'Local' section, which shows all mods found in specified folders on your system.

Modsets are being relabeled as collections (when containing an actual set of mods) or just referred to as a mod (when it's just one mod to start with). Collections will support drag and drop so you can easily add content to them, but actually indicating which mod is already in the collection, would be a challenge I believe, although no problem in just dragging in the same mod, as it won't duplicate it. Yet I can see it being helpful in some way.

Sure. I created a costum preset (mod list) to launch the game with via PWS (ArmA2). Sometimes, when I add new addons to the preset the game won't launch with the new ones. For example: I created a preset of ace 2 and a couple of maps, and when I tried to add one of RH's weapon pack and the game launched just fine, but it didnt run the RH addon.

Could you please create a ticket on our support page here: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com & upload the log files (http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files) for us to investigate.

This is my issue, Six Updater was great-mods were added almost instantly after they were released! Making it great for updating mods regulary!

But I just run PwS after many weeks of no use and still no change, very few mods from weeks/months ago?

This is my issue, Six Updater was great-mods were added almost instantly after they were released! Making it great for updating mods regulary!

But I just run PwS after many weeks of no use and still no change, very few mods from weeks/months ago?

Apologies for the lack of updates and additions recently, we're undergoing some major overhauls of our systems, you can expect things to speed up again very soon.

The SU and PwS network are one and the same btw.

The SU and PwS network are one and the same btw.

Yeah-i mean't when i was using SU when back in Arma2-look forward to you getting back on top of things :cool:

Where can I download 1.5.0.617 that Check for Updates says is a manual download? I can only find 1.4.0.549 on the website, which is what I already have installed.

The latest Play withSIX v1.5 BETA build (623) is now available, currently only for manual download. (Extract and use from a separate folder, do not overwrite the official stable files)

(Original post)

4l3s51_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

This build brings a newly designed Mod Library and countless other improvements. Expect a few more updates coming days towards stable release, it will then be deployed officially on auto-update for everyone.

Highlights

• Newly designed mod libarry
  • Auto update for single exe mode

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Edited by Sickboy

Got 627 just now, manually migrated my settings again and still none of my server modsets are available :(

Filters don't seem to be working either. I've got

!wasteland; !dayz

in both Server and Mission filters but I'm still seeing loads of both.

Got 627 just now, manually migrated my settings again and still none of my server modsets are available :(

Thanks, addressed in build 631, available later today.

Also all configuration data should now be auto migrated (copied), given that no data or local data exist yet for 1.5.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

will the auto update happen on the 12th?

Planning to :)

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Filters don't seem to be working either. I've got

!wasteland; !dayz

in both Server and Mission filters but I'm still seeing loads of both.

The "; " was replaced with "&&" to be less confusing ( so !dayz&&!wasteland ), for next build we've also added " && " ( so !dayz && !wasteland ).

Apologies for the confusion, added to next changelog.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

installing/updating mods isnt working only errors

Please send details with logs to http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix

thanks!