Sign in to follow this  
MrUltimatephil

alpha on one computer and beta on another one

I would like to know if i buy the alpha and download it on my computer, can i download the beta on another computer. So i would have the alpha on one and the beta when it's release on another computer. Is it possible or not?

you could make a backup from alpha, before beta release, and try to restore it to another steam account perhaps.

I believe that with steam u can put it on any computer as long as u Validate ur account via code steam sends u in a email

I would like to know if i buy the alpha and download it on my computer, can i download the beta on another computer. So i would have the alpha on one and the beta when it's release on another computer. Is it possible or not?

Can I just ask... Why? If you want two copies, then gift another steam account one of the Alpha Lite invites or... buy 2.

Yes, you can. Easy! Sign into your Steam account on the first computer, install Arma 3 Alpha, make sure everything works, then put Steam in offline mode. You'll have to KEEP IT in offline mode or the game will automatically update!

You then sign into your Steam account on the 2nd computer, and do the same thing for beta, turn Steam to offline mode.

Do the same thing for the full game, except this time you do NOT have to keep Steam in offline mode. Your other two computers with Arma 3 alpha and beta will ALWAYS have to be in offline mode or the games will automatically update.

He probably wants to compare the two to see the differences/improvements.

Here is another Q:Would it be possible to "Stream" the envirionment from one computer to another,so that I can get higher FPS?

On a "dedicated Server on one--to the other via LAN-Or-Network?

Is there a way to devide the Island into Sections ,so we dont need the whole Island at one time?

Will we be able to put the collective in hellicopters all the way down really fast for emergencys?

Can we get "Dual Cockpit"-function on fixed wing aircraft?

Can we add "compartments" to aircraft so that we can add "Hidden Compartments" to aircrafts,mines in the engine compartments on the enemy`s

Little Birds or sabotage his planes on the ground so he can`t see the mines?

Proxy on Proxy feature.Auto-Download of updates and checking of version of game.

Can we have a more advanced Simulation of Emergencies in MP?

Can we use/invoke scripts on the fly with some sort of droplist,command-line for a certain player/Ai?

Anable/Disable any user modd on the fly and use the LEA Loadout Modd as standard,forbidd an item on the fly in

MP.

Turning turrets and deciding barrel elevation from the editor.And use Proxies on cars so that we can put M-134 Mini-Gun on the roof or turret on any one car .What if we can put on that gun turret we see on the Jackall car (ring) he is standing inside of onto any car?

Maybe we can add Proxies to the sides of MC? Maybe a "AutoPilot" for cars?

Template to design our own Submarine? Or the inside compartments of such?Maybe we can simply make a combat work station as a room and add them in 3D space by defining their Grid on a map and attach them by

proxies onto other proxies in the modell?

"MP-defined objects" that can be modelled as on,single unit,that can be calculated to present only "estimated"

position for MP games?

A much improved gas "dive table" that makes diving a challenge ?

A much improved AI Flight System that may include special AI-No Frame Rate Loss helicopters,like in Flight simulator?

Foot Prints ? Every addon made in .PBO format.+ a way to edit/paint p3d files in a free softw.

Just my 2 cent.

Edited by John1000

He probably wants to compare the two to see the differences/improvements.

you can compare memory fragments right? or why not just read the change logs?

Your other two computers with Arma 3 alpha and beta will ALWAYS have to be in offline mode or the games will automatically update.

Hmmmm ... can you confirm this? Some people may not want immediate updates in the future (not necessarily in the Alpha/Beta stages, but for other reasons). I occasionally delay updates to Arma 2 as updates sometimes break mods and scripts from user-created missions. There have also been updates that have introduced undesirable glitches in Arma 2, like the "frosty tree" AToC changes in one of the updates to Arma2OA.

Sounds to me like someone is trying to exploit the game before it's even released.

As with most alpha releases, I'd imagine updates are forced and pushed out for a reason. We will be testers of the game, not trying to pick and choose certain updates to play on. Wait until final release before getting picky with updates.

My interpretation of the original question is one where someone may be upgrading their computer during the alpha to beta stage and wondering if the alpha is tied to a single computer. If that is the case, I think I can safely say the alpha is not locked to a computer, rather it is locked to your steam account. Therefore you can play the alpha/beta/final release on any computer as long as you are logged into your steam account. No matter which version of the game whether alpha/beta/full you will only be able to have one active game running at a time. If you want to play the game at the same time on multiple computer buy multiple copies of the alpha while it's still cheap.

As for simultaneously playing Alpha and Beta on different computers. That will not and SHOULD not be possible, once the game turns to beta, alpha version will no longer be available. The alpha will switch to beta via an update, not a separate client. The alpha lite will be disabled on June 18.

Thanks for all ur replies. One more thing, if by error i start downloading the apha on the wrong computer but stop it right away. Can i still not finish the download on this one and download it on the computer i want?