Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma3 Alpha Testing Checklist

Again the only mention of AI is underwater combat and mine laying....what about utilisation of the newer LineIntersect commands that could help AI realise they're indoors, or faster CQB reactions (TPWAS LOS mod) or use that moving tank/parked Humvee for cover?!? Starting to think they're bored with standard infantry AI and would rather focus on things that are IMHO, gimmicks..:confused:

Yeah but those missions would be alot better if you could have the freedom that other editors have, I dont think anyone is asking for a copy of Max or Maya, but we're not all so simple we can't use more advanced tools/kits. Novices are making their own little creations in CE3.SDK(which was used for arguably the most advanced game available now). Not trying to start a debate, I'm just voicing my opinion that 3D editors = much better results. And BIS can't possibly be unaware at how frustrating their 2D Editor "can" be, idk why they ever announced there was going to be a 3D editor(which was met with universal applause from the modding/editing community), if there was ever even a slight doubt that they'd can it.

That was the 1 feature I was the most excited about, don't get me wrong- I am very much looking forward to ARMA3 as a whole, but man I was looking forward to the 3D editor, it was such a relief thinking I'd be using it instead of the 2D editor.

What exactly would the 3d editor offer that's not already available in 2d?

Sure unit placement would be a little easier and flying around our set pieces would be pretty cool, but the vast majority of work would be through scripting anyways. The devs probably felt that it wasn't a justified investment of their time.

What exactly would the 3d editor offer that's not already available in 2d?

Sure unit placement would be a little easier and flying around our set pieces would be pretty cool, but the vast majority of work would be through scripting anyways. The devs probably felt that it wasn't a justified investment of their time.

You ever try furnishing a room or lay an object upon another object such as a computer on a desk? Now try creating a somewhat realistic urban area with people at different heights, balconies etc... the amount of mind numbing "setunitheight"'s and having to leave the editor then come back to it to change another millimeter of placement is just ......

I use 3d editor in VBS2 - its a big deal.

Theyve updated the editor to make it a bit more user-friendly.

That, combined with modularisation, and the much larger community thanks to DayZ...we are going to see some mind-blowing mods.

Personally I can't wait to see exactly what ACE will do with ArmA 3.

It's a shame that mod hasn't taken off in popularity with New Players!