Sign in to follow this  
jatobi

Latest 2 beta patches = lock up

@jatobi still issue with 1.62.102678 ?

Yes, sorry for no reply. I gave up after getting no response from you after I sent the e-mail.

I'm fully updated, and when I attempt to run the beta, it doesn't crash, it simply locks up. I cannot shut it down with any effort, I've end tasked, and I've used other programs to end the task. I have to restart the computer to get it to shut down.

I have no idea what is going on, I can't play DayZ with my friends due to it. They just asked me to come play again and I attempted. Updated to latest patch as server requires and tried to join. Go to multiplayer "Waiting on Host" and it full locked.

Can you confirm or deny it being a ESET problem? I am running ESS 5.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

I can now attest that it is an ESET Firewall issue.

Can you please let us, who use ESET, know what to allow through completely? You changed something in the beta that effects ESET's firewall. If it's enabled, you get hard locked and can't end task. If it's disabled, the game works fine.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

I have been trying to get it to work with the firewall enabled. I have disabled just about everything, have allowed all the exe's I could find for ArmA 2 and OA, nothing.

Completely disable the firewall works. It has to be SOMETHING blocking the connection somewhere. I just can't figure out which setting it is. I'm leaning to think we, the users, cannot edit the setting that is causing it. As I said, I disabled just about every setting on the firewall trying to test, and it didn't work.

Whatever you guys did to the beta patchs, please undo it. I don't wish to play without my firewall, and I would really enjoy playing with my friends again.

maybe false positive against BattlEye ? tried play on non BE server?

maybe false positive against BattlEye ? tried play on non BE server?

That's the thing, if you read my first post I explained it as best I could.

Single player = fine. The main menu = fine.

As soon as you click multiplayer, it locks up. It locks up and I cannot close it no matter what I do. I have to restart to get it gone.

If I disable my firewall, it magically works.

Read my first post, the beta patches listed there is when it began happening.

If I play without the beta patch, it works perfectly fine. If I attempt to play with beta patch and my firewall enabled it locks up.

No idea.

I've done everything I could do on my end to try to root out the problem. As stated above, I've tried disabling nearly every feature of the firewall without actually turning it off. That did not work. The only way to resolve the issue is to fully disable the firewall.

It's obviously something you guys did in one of the patches I listed (when it started happening) that is affecting ESET users. There's several people in this thread who all use ESET and are having the same problem.

This is not an ESET problem, it's something you guys changed, and something "we" can't fix without help. I have no clue what it is. But whatever you did that affects the client when you click on multiplayer from the main menu, it does something differently than it used to. This is the red flag.

If you figure out what you put in that changed anything for multiplayer (as in it executes as you hit multiplayer to go to the browser) that's where we need to start looking.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

How can we physically allow BattlEye through the firewall? I can find no exe for it, thus cannot allow it.

well imo it's ESET's problem , we can't change our software to 'please' the way how theirs software works ... did you reported this to ESET team ?

we can't change our software to 'please' the way how theirs software works

But you can change your software to break it and prevent it from working.

Gotta love it. One company says it's the others fault, that company says it's the other companies.

I just find it funny, it WORKED prior to the ARMA2_OA_Build_101747.zip beta patch.

Something you guys changed screws with the way THE GAME interacts with FIREWALLS.

What that change is, "WE" don't know. I've asked you about it and you've not stated.

If it was "ESET's Fault" the game would not have been functioning perfectly fine prior to that patch.

Now, we can figure out what it is, or you can just screw your customers that use ESET and just say forget it. Your choice. Can say that if things like this continue, me being a long time customer, I won't be anymore.

If I can't play with my friends because of something you changed, then why should I pay for the products?

You, the devs, know what you changed. Knowing what you changed, you can somewhat pinpoint the area that might be causing the problem.

Are you even looking into what part of your code is causing it?

I'll tell you this much. If you can't tell us, how do you expect ESET to do anything about it?

Have you tried the 102936 beta patch? It's very good (don't get 103419).

Also I don't think that it's very valid to criticise a software developer because their latest beta patch renders an unrelated product is incompatible.

Especially when many other products in this category don't display similar incompatibilities.

You pay for a game and its support.

How many games do you know continue to be patched 4 years after its release?

I agree that it's not perfect but it's better than most.

Why not try another AV software?

Recent reviews consider that AntiVir 13 to be one of the best AV and it's available as freeware (for non-commercial applications)

Edited by domokun

Have you tried the 102936 beta patch? It's very good (don't get 103419).

Also I don't think that it's very valid to criticise a software developer because their latest beta patch renders an unrelated product is incompatible.

Especially when many other products in this category don't display similar incompatibilities.

You pay for a game and its support.

How many games do you know continue to be patched 4 years after its release?

I agree that it's not perfect but it's better than most.

Why not try another AV software?

Recent reviews consider that AntiVir 13 to be one of the best AV and it's available as freeware (for non-commercial applications)

They did not render any product useless but their own.

The latest patch hasn't done anything.

Read the OP, that patch onward give this problem.

Yes, I pay for a game, and yes I expect support.

I know a lot of games that are patched 4 years after release...especially ones that get new customers due to certain modifications bringing them in.

I'm not using another AV product. ESET works just fine.

Something BIS did has caused the game not to function in multiplayer with ESET's firewall.

And until they decide to look into it and help us figure out WHAT is causing it, we cannot get it fixed.

as I said report it to ESET team, we can't fix theirs software, period

They did not render any product useless but their own.

The latest patch hasn't done anything.

Read the OP, that patch onward give this problem.

Yes, I pay for a game, and yes I expect support.

I know a lot of games that are patched 4 years after release...especially ones that get new customers due to certain modifications bringing them in.

I'm not using another AV product. ESET works just fine.

Something BIS did has caused the game not to function in multiplayer with ESET's firewall.

And until they decide to look into it and help us figure out WHAT is causing it, we cannot get it fixed.

In theory you're right but in reality you're stuck.

We live in an imperfect world.

So try alternatives rather than principles.

We're only trying to help, not prove that you're wrong.

"..ESET works just fine..."

hmmm I would say no it doesnt. This can happen to any AV/3rdpart FW... Need to tell them(ESET), and or figure out YOUR FW to fix your issue.

as I said report it to ESET team, we can't fix theirs software, period

And how exactly is ESET going to fix a problem that YOU created?

How are they going to fix the problem you created that you won't investigate to FIND OUT WHAT'S CAUSING IT?

Hmmmm....

Suppose I'll stop supporting BIS now. Looks like my money is going to bafoons.

And how exactly is ESET going to fix a problem that YOU created?

How are they going to fix the problem you created that you won't investigate to FIND OUT WHAT'S CAUSING IT?

Thats how a false positive is fixed. The user of the AV reports it. ARMA> ESET just saying...