Sign in to follow this  
Quake

Adjusting Bullet Height? (Bullet is Hitting Higher Than Reticle)

Hey I have the L119A1 pack and all the SD guns have a problem with the bullet hitting higher than the reticle. Since the creator doesn't seem to be updating I was wanting to fix myself, though looking at the weapon config for the mod I don't see anything in regards to the problem.

What do I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Josh

AFAIK Lennards L119A1 SD's are zoomed to 300m by default I think.

Remember that SD rounds have a relatively slow speed.

Therefore the guns throw the bullets up relative to the scope so that they come down in 300m distance to be on target.

The round will appear to be too high at any range in between.

So if you are shooting at targets nearer to you, be sure to aim down so that you can hit the target.

Okay so with that knowledge, I should be able to alter that in config file. Do you know which parameters I need to change?

I have never seen this with any other weapon. Makes me feel like I'm playing Skyrim with the vanilla archery system and I would like to change it to be normal.

Well, just to make sure you understand what's going on here, at what range are the bullets impacting above the reticle? If it is between 0 and 300m, then that's just how bullets work.

Okay so with that knowledge, I should be able to alter that in config file. Do you know which parameters I need to change?

I have never seen this with any other weapon. Makes me feel like I'm playing Skyrim with the vanilla archery system and I would like to change it to be normal.

Well before you go about touching the config file, i would make sure you ask permission to edit it.

Well before you go about touching the config file, i would make sure you ask permission to edit it.

As far I know, if you edit the config for personal use there is no problem.

Funny this topic should be opened. I have the same issue with my mod's WIP weapon pack with our SD rifles (both aimpoint and aimpoint/3X variants) where they hit at least an inch above the reticle. I practically have to aim at the guy's balls in order to hit around the head/neck area, lol. It bugged me so much, I thought about scrapping the SD variants, especially when testing against the M4 SD's and at the same distances the rounds were going pretty much where the reticle was pointed or a hair below the reticle. I wasn't sure if it was a config issue or the ArmA engine (i.e. "that's how it works in real life"). Then this topic opened, heheh. :)

As far I know, if you edit the config for personal use there is no problem.
Well for personal use that would be ok, i was just making Quake aware if they were to release it they would need permission.

TargetShooting3.gif

If the rounds are subsonic, it's obvious that they are slower, so they tend to make a less flat trayectory.

Edited by NacroxNicke