Sign in to follow this  
RichardCranium

Walrus pathfinding

OK. My carrier sails up to Obsidian. Walrus #9 (Mark I armor, Gatling gun, production capsule) is set to go to the command center location and build a production center via clicking on the location of the destroyed command center.

There isn't anything on the island to interfere with Walrus as it drives itself to the location.

Well, other than the AI.

The Walrus takes a reasonable path to the CC and doesn't have much of a problem until it reaches the bridge over the lava flow.

Yes, a bridge. Something with fixed endpoints. Something that really should be the easiest *bleeping* thing on the *bleeping* planet to drive across SINCE THAT IS ITS ONLY PURPOSE TO EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Alas, no. The Walrus decides, instead, to jump into the lava flow to the east of the bridge and thus end its worthless existence.

Do you guys test this stuff? I mean, that's not a difficult use case:

1. Sail up to undefended island
  2. Order each of the four available Walrus to build new command center without committing suicide

Yeah, sure, I'm a user and I'll be back whining later about how my Walruses spend more time bumping into each other versus shooting at the things that are shooting at them. But you *could* point out that "Hey, if you tell a Walrus to go build a new command center on an undefended island, there's a 90% chance that it will actually accomplish the mission!"

Yes, I have found this many times with bridges, you have to be careful with volcanic islands. I also discovered a hole in the pathfinding on Deadlock for the large bridge in the bottom right of the island. There is no way to set a path across this bridge, it will instead set a major detour around the side of the island.

Yes, I have found this many times with bridges, you have to be careful with volcanic islands. I also discovered a hole in the pathfinding on Deadlock for the large bridge in the bottom right of the island. There is no way to set a path across this bridge, it will instead set a major detour around the side of the island.

I have also found this with deadlock's bottom right bridge! I am currently making a list of the problems I can find in-game and the bridge on deadlock is included on that list. So far the list has reached approximately 25 different bugs and problems

I have also found this with deadlock's bottom right bridge! I am currently making a list of the problems I can find in-game and the bridge on deadlock is included on that list. So far the list has reached approximately 25 different bugs and problems

I already made a thread about the list of bugs here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143382-List-of-bugs-still-present-as-of-1-03-0014

Unfortunately, it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I recommend watching the new Volkswagen 2013 Super Bowl ad on Youtube and take a cue from the lead character on how to deal with Walrus pathfinding.