Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

SquadXML Management (web) addon.

DISCLAIMER:

This project is in beta stage, and at some point the project will go opensource.

For all the gamers that would like to use their custom squadlogo ingame, i revived a old squadxml project i did back in the days.

In short, this is a squadXML creation and manipulation service. No external software is needed beside a legal copy of the game. its completly written in PHP and makes use of Bohemia Interactive's tool 'pal2pace.exe' in order to create native .paa files from your uploaded squadlogo.

The whole project is in beta-stage, and is continuesly worked on.

Without further delay.

May i present your one-stop shop for Creating and Managing your SquadXML for the Bohemia line of games.

http://SquadXML.limnosradio.com/

--

The base functionality consists of:

• free SquadXML hosting
  • Webbased squadXML management
  • automatic Png to PAA conversion
  • Image-editor for creating/editing squadlogos

Prerequisites :

- Facebook or Twitter account.

- ArmA 1,2 Take on Helicopters

If you are using the squadxml-system, please provide feedback on problems and suggestions.

All base functionality is here, and im thinking of new features, like a moderator-ship for squads , 'who is online' and statistics or social functionality. a very basic api is already available for your scripts to interact with.

http://SquadXml.limnosradio.com

Instructions :

Creating a squad :

1. Signup using your preferred social media channel ( twitter or facebook )

2. Fillout your profile.

3. Create a community

4. Create a squad, upload image

Joining a squad :

1. Signup using your preferred social media channel ( twitter or facebook )

2. Fillout your profile.

3. Join Squad

4. Set your primary squadxml via the user/squadxml menu

I have created a video with in which i show you to get your squadlogo up and running in 2 minutes.

Feedback is much appreceated, bugs are solved as fast as i can :)

** Update

Added simple bug-tracker. : http://squadxml.limnosradio.com/report-a-bug.php

Added a simple server-list : http://squadxml.limnosradio.com/servers/

Added a simple addon-list : http://squadxml.limnosradio.com/addons/

Edited by jerryhopper

Hey Jerry,

this is an awesome opportunity, thanks for taking effort in this.

I am going to try this as soon as I am home again, feedback will follow on the step.

regards

Memphis

From watching the video I think your tool is a very neat idea. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that people who don't use Facebook or Twitter are excluded. If there was something like a normal log-in for those who are primarily interested in the squad-xml and a log-in via social network for those who are interested in communicating via the squad-xml tool, you might attract a few more users. This is just a thought, not a request.

From watching the video I think your tool is a very neat idea. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that people who don't use Facebook or Twitter are excluded. If there was something like a normal log-in for those who are primarily interested in the squad-xml and a log-in via social network for those who are interested in communicating via the squad-xml tool, you might attract a few more users. This is just a thought, not a request.

I hope you can understand why i initially did this, when i say that 'communities' should be able to communicate with teir members.

Most people use twitter or facebook on their phone, and therefore its a perfect medium to organize a mp-game, by inviting/messaging the users via social media.

BUT: i feel your pain.

Therefore i will expand the 'Signup', which will include GoogleAUTH and other popular social media.

i might add a 'normal' login as soon as i find a way to consolidate the logins.

(its now possible to login with Twitter & Facebook, but then for each logintype you choose a User is being created, in the system. )

Yes, I understand why you decided to add social networks. Thank you for considering my thought.

im testing something cool now!

Record game statistics! (yea i know, many ppl dont like the idea)

How? - using RapidFire technology i monitor a server by querying the gameservers for info with very short intervals.

im checking the gamestate, and im archiving each player every query.

When RapidFire detects an end of game, it'll flush all data, keeping the final score.

might come in handy for clans that do matches...

Does this add additional pressure on gamespy?

;2287763']Does this add additional pressure on gamespy?

that is what i need to investigate.

the rate of 'rapidfire' can be tweaked afterwards :)

A scan on 1 server takes approx. 0.082085132598877 seconds ;)