greywulf58

New Russian Addon Ideas

I am seriously considering doing the following Russian weapon systems for CWA. Migi and JohnJohn from the OFP Friends for Life FB page have offered to help me with the coding of these new weapon systems. BM-30 "Smerch" 300mm MLRS, 2S7 Pion SP 203mm (the version mounted on the T-72 chassis and with a box turret), and the BMP-T "Terminator" ubran fighting vehicle. If you have any suggestions of what would be good to add to this preliminary list, please let me know. Thanks. Chris (aka Greaser).

Those are all excellent ideas. I haven't found much Artillery addons for the East side, so the 2S7 will sure be nice. Maybe some Armored cars like the GAZ-3937 or the GAZ-2975?

Edited by -Gonzo-

If you have any suggestions of what would be good to add to this preliminary list, please let me know.

Ok. I have. :)

KAMAZ-63968 "Typhoon"; T-90MS; Kornet-EM (anti-tank missile system); "Gorets-K" (MRAP vehicle); "Skorpion-LShA B" armored vehicle; "Skorpion-2M" light tactical vehicle...

But I think all of this will remain only ideas.

Edited by =SappeR=

Whats about this car:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/img9320ps.jpg/

I dont know the name all i - got is the name "vdv buggy" from battlefield fan sites... Maybe people who speak (and can read) russian know how this car is called?

There is one of these cars in this video with a sign in front of it. Anyone here to translate it or knows how this car is called?

http://www.1tv.ru/news/social/174023

:confused:

I really would like to see this in the game

how this car is called?

They said that it is a self-made vehicle. Made from the parts of the car VAZ "Niva".

Reconnaissance and patrol vehicle (RDA-1) for action in the deep rear of the enemy.

Edited by =SappeR=

'Smerch' and 'Pion' are too overpowered for OFP scales and have too wide ranges of fire. To be at least a little bit realistic they may flatten any possible enemy group with a couple of rockets/rounds, and only one Smerch salvo can level almost any city in any OFP island. So my suggestion is to focus on platoon/batallion-level weapons, expecially when OFP lacks such things (82/120-mm mortars, anti-tank guns and towed howitzers).

Those are all excellent ideas. I haven't found much Artillery addons for the East side, so the 2S7 will sure be nice. Maybe some Armored cars like the GAZ-3937 or the GAZ-2975?

You should read more, but I agree not much artillery for east as it should be.

Smerch is too big ( powerful ) for this game.

@_MaSSive Nice addons but wrong game, we are in Cold War Assault here.

There is already a MI-28 for OFP, check opfr.info and look for DKM mod.

Yes, I know that helicopter from ffur mod. It's a great addon but it doesn't fit with high quality made addons . It would be super, if someone would make a new version of it with better models.

@_MaSSive Nice addons but wrong game, we are in Cold War Assault here.

Damn I missed it. I think he might have OFP addons too ( Vilas ) so its possible that there is 2S7 for it.

Oh yes pls...but Mi28N

http://red-stars.org/IMG/jpg/Mi-28N_Russie_2012_aviaforum_-_Erick_Rostov_.jpg

Edit: Or not > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?65405-VILAS-2S1&p=1136247&viewfull=1#post1136247

Edited by _MaSSive

I am is still missing decent scud or tochka addon, pontoon bridge would be great, gaz tiger, towed mortar ar arty, some mine cleaner on T-72 base would be nice,T-72BA model 2012,

T-90 - there isnt any good addon of it - I modified orcs T-90 with parts from rhs T-80 for yourself, it has even a working shtora :-)

There are lot of good russian side addons which could be modified, for example there are 3 bmp-3 addons - it needs just bit of work and there could be khrizantema-S, there is bmd-3m with bakcha turret - now we need only hull and we have a BMD-4M and I could show you many other examples.

I would do it yourself if I now how and have time for that :-(

I want to thanks to sapper for his great addons, especialy for that btr-8... :-) cant wait for pts-m a

I want a 2s1 arty too, there is one unfinished from opgwc mod, I have it in my pc it needs proper textures, interior,

it is playable now but not very good.

I could send it via mail if somebody want .

So far this seems more like an addon request thread rather than a WIP project thread. When you've actually got something to show, feel free to open a new thread, but until then this one will be closed. And to others who have been giving ideas: use the dedicated addon request thread, that's what it's for.