Sign in to follow this  
Felix

Playing on two monitors

Hi, this is my first post on these forums, I hope this is the right category to ask in, I also could not find anything while searching, so here goes. I set up ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA Steam Versions to work at a resolution of 3360x1050 on my two monitors on Windows XP 64 Edition(without Eyefinity), but as it is an even number, the crosshair is in the middle, which makes it useless, so is there a way to adjust a config or ini file or startup property as to have the cross hair off-center or similar so I can play normally?

Personally I think you should stick to one screen. Playing while looking at the bezel in the middle of the picture must be terrible.

If you want to try you can fiddle around with these commands in the config:

uiTopLeftX=0.44118974;

uiTopLeftY=0.26499999;

uiBottomRightX=0.55881023;

uiBottomRightY=0.73500001;

I could not figure out how they worked when I tried to fix my bezel correction offset of my UI, and I'm not sure it will affect the crosshair.

Thank you, I will try that, and report if it worked.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Nope, it did not, does anyone have any other ideas?

Sorry, son't have 2 screens to test some permantent solution for you but one that might work for the mean time ......

Options -> Game Options -> Aiming Deadzone

Slide it all the way to the right and now your cross-hairs can be swung nearly half the screen width.

Thank you, it works perfectly, although it will take time to adjust. I'll keep this thread unsolved though, so another solution might pop up. Thanks again

You might find that the central bezels make using vehicles and vehicle-mounted weapons next to impossible, as aiming deadzone has no effect there.

Thank you for the information, Do you know of any other way then to off-center the cross-hair?

No idea, sorry. And frankly, unless you can bump it up to triplehead/Eyefinity, you would probably be better off sticking with one monitor. I just don't see the benefit of an asymmetrical display.

One off-hat idea would be to set up a virtual display driver with a virtual display, and play the game with virtual triple-head, if possible at all. Although of course that would give only a "center" and "right" view, where the centre would be on the first monitor.

Well, I can't actually bump it up to 3 displays because of my graphics card (4670) even though it has 3 ports, and losing the left view with a virtual display is, well, undoing the whole purpose of a multi-monitor setup.