Sign in to follow this  
jptiger

user mission list,

hey guys.

inoticed the sheer amount of user missions on the forums, so why dont we make one thread (if not already in existing) where users can post missions (when released) and the first post will be upgraded, the mission will be sorted in genre (stealth, offensive, defensive etc.) this makes it easier for people to find your mission .

so what do you think about this, good idea or not?

Be a long list, a lot of work, and take a lot of time. I think Search on ARMAHOLIC & Tags are fine enough IMHO. Don't see a real need for a person to take the time to do this, when it's already being done.

Anyway, if you are really motivated to make it, go on!

Anyway, if you are really motivated to make it, go on!

I sir, Like your rational thinking!

I have a website already doing what your looking to do, except I'm only hosting Invasion-1944, Iron Front: Liberation 1944, and Hell in the pacific missions.

I will be hosting Army of the Czecho-Slovakia republic 1938-1945, and September 1939 Mod missions when the mods release.

There really is a veritable galaxy of user-made missions but I think the critical question that would determine how useful such a list would be is how you would break the missions down-- an unfiltered list of missions does no good, but an exhaustively detailed list would likely not be much different than simply browsing around on Armaholic. And then of course, there's the subjective issue of personal taste-- some will like certain missions better than others.

I am in favor of a curated list of some of the best missions, but with so many differences across missions, there needs to be some kind of consistent measure of what is included and why. I think we need more detailed reviews of missions, I would use a good descriptive, consistently-formatted review as a guide for what missions to try and what not to try. You would just have to be prepared to be a dick at times, because lets face it: with editors of all different skill levels, there are bound to be discrepancies. This sort of hints at the fact that there really is no checklist for editors of what needs to be in-place for a mission to be truly considered "complete" (aka briefing, map markers, tasks, task hints, hints, loadscreens, debriefs, overviews, and so on).

I think we need more detailed reviews of missions, I would use a good descriptive, consistently-formatted review as a guide for what missions to try and what not to try.
I would use something like that aswell. But, like you said so many players have different tastes. It would however be helpful if it was something consistent and in more of a editorial manner.

Maybe something similar to metacritic would be the proper approach. But that would take a large community effort to be effective. Not many people return to armaholic to score a mission that they previously downloaded. Until BIS has a mission database that you access in game and then can score mission upon completion, this won't happen.

OR one persons critical review would be very entertaining. That would be a very tough and large responsibility. We all know how the internet encourages extreme behavior without repercussion. But, if it was the right person it would be awesome. But, I think that would be a full time job, starting years ago.

There's some lists out there but doesn't list all sorts of missions. Depends on whoever made the list and what kind of missions fit their interest and what it's mainly judging. You can filter some up on armaholic but even then finding all that you may want to find can still be a bit of a hassle, but easier than OFP Gamepark imo. Another list I saw also have a little rating system would be the CiA Mission Lists which contains only no respawn/revive missions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136530-Comrades-in-Arms-Online-Coop-Mission-List

yeah, I did the same in my thread.

SP, then CAMP, then MP, then TEMPLATE

I don't think this topic will be really useful, plus it will be very long and hard work.