Sign in to follow this  
Ezcoo

Daylight RP [coming soon]

Just wanted to know, will this mainly be CO-OP or will there be any chance of a singleplayer version? By the way this mission looks fantastic.

Thanks Starky396!

I'm not sure what you mean, role-play game-play offers little to nothing in single-player. What was your view of a single-player mission?

Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that there won't be neither COOP nor SP version of the mission, because they would be impossible to create. Almost everything is interdependent on everything and the activities can be performed only by humans. The interpretation of situation and drawing conclusions based on the information that is available would be extremely complex task for AI. In addition, bots wouldn't be able to take the context into account because they wouldn't have any of the information that they'd need to do that properly. It would need insane number of scripts to "tell" AI the situation, also balancing the importances of different kinds of information would be ridiculously hard task and coordinating the actions of bots would be impossible in practice. The mission is based on the roleplay pretty much – that would be pretty impossible to generate with AI.

Shortly, the mission leans on the abilities of human to observe large amount of different kinds of information from different sources, combine and estimate the value of information, take the context into account and thus ability to form general view and then draw conclusions that are based on the aforementioned and last, react properly. If we created COOP or SP version of Daylight, it would be totally different mission. It isn't possible to port the mission to COOP or SP "as is".

The Code of Conduct of Militia begins to look really good! Our host has done great job. When the officers act according to the CoC, I'm sure that they'll have a lot of fun and the excitement and tension as illegal civ will be crushing! ;)

Me & qbt are both developing pretty intensively now, many important features are being implemented to mission now... Expect new sneak peek soon!

Hey ezcoo and qbt, sorry I haven't been able to help out. I've been very busy and haven't had time to get on. Also, I'm leaving for family tomorrow and won't be back till the 24th. Keep me updated! (By the way, I only made this account to make my summary and didn't have enough posts to PM);)

Hi Louds,

I'm sorry for the lack of sneak peek. We've been suffering from technical problems during last days, thanks to Steam that messed up our game files. In addition, BIS seems to have dropped their support for A2:Free, that has reduced our motivation to continue on the version for A2 a little bit too, because the main reason to develop Daylight for A2 was the compatibility with Free version, so that players could invite their friends to try this wonderful game and find out the splendid nature of ArmA series. (Well, Chernarus looks much better in A2 too :p)

We've also been developing now another, much smaller project to keep a little break from development of Daylight – maybe we'll get new ideas from it that we could use in future in Daylight too!

Edited by Ezcoo
funny typo

According to my sources some people are referring to my previous post (see above) and telling people that we have cancelled the project, which is not the truth.

Shortly: Daylight is not cancelled. We're just having a little break due to technical problems and because we have also other projects under development. ;)

Edited by Ezcoo
attached link

According to my sources some people are referring to my previous post (see above) and telling people that we have cancelled the project, which is not the truth.

Shortly: Daylight is not cancelled. We're just having a little break due to technical problems and because we have also other projects under development. ;)

As soon as we get the technical issues fixed, we will reward your patience with a colorful surprise! :dance1:

This looks very interesting, i never played a RP mod before, but im sure i will try this. Finally a big mission with focus on performance, u dont see that often in ArmA.

What u said so far let me think that u wont add ACRE right? However i must say that ACRE is the a very good addon for immersion,roleplay and also interesting for pvp gameplay as u can take radios from enemys and intercept their communication. And it would take away, what i never liked in RP mods: typing ur a.. off in the chat :)

This looks very interesting, i never played a RP mod before, but im sure i will try this. Finally a big mission with focus on performance, u dont see that often in ArmA.

Thank you for the compliment! Good performance is vital for role-playing, as it is very hard to have a immersive experience with lag.

What u said so far let me think that u wont add ACRE right? However i must say that ACRE is the a very good addon for immersion,roleplay and also interesting for pvp gameplay as u can take radios from enemys and intercept their communication.

ACRE is great, but we want to keep Daylight addon free. Even without ACRE, strategically planning your actions and intercepting the actions of others is needed in Daylight.

And it would take away, what i never liked in RP mods: typing ur a.. off in the chat :)

We will only have text chat in-game. TeamSpeak will be used, but not to the same extent as chat will be. The most important part in role-playing is honing your expression. When you write and read creative, well written text you are actively expanding your vocabulary and learning new ways to express your thoughts. Creating a character and developing it with good expression is a very satisfying and fruitful experience and in Daylight you can finally do it in the way many have dreamed of.

If you are new to role-playing, think of it like this:

Role-playing is about putting yourself in to the shoes of someone else. Once you might want to play as a bus driver, and maybe the next time you want to be the new totalitarian leader of Chernarus. Maybe today is the day when you rob the bank and escape the militia of Chernarus in an epic getaway. It's all up to you, as long as you role-play it and interact with others.

Daylight, Daylight, open your eyes, wake up, soon it'll be your time...

MooDzqr.jpg

Edited by Ezcoo

Really sweet map! ;3

Release daylight already so everybody will see the great ideas you guys have.

Really sweet map! ;3

Release daylight already so everybody will see the great ideas you guys have.

We're pushing ourselves to the limits to get the server online as soon as possible. Everything that doesn't break the existing things is removed now (don't worry, you'll still have more than enough content to play) and the rest we're trying to finish as soon as possible. We spent 10 hours balancing the prices yesterday, made over 1500 calculations and considered thousands of different factors to balance the item prices and weights.

If everything goes well, expect news soon... ;)

We've been busy! :dance1:

BtRA8prfSZQ

6etIzboVcbw

Thanks for your patience!

how about legal work? will it finally pay? - in comparison to other life server. And will legal civs usually accept cops as saviors and protectors against criminals?

how about legal work? will it finally pay? - in comparison to other life server. And will legal civs usually accept cops as saviors and protectors against criminals?

Hi RedT3rror and thanks for your interest,

the mission has pretty different gameplay compared to Life servers because of completely new design guidelines. We've rethought and remade the legal work and tried to make it as interesting option as possible to get more players involved into legal work. You have to think and plan what you're going to do as legal civilian too – turning your brain on while doing legal stuff will result in much bigger paycheck... :cool:

The mission should encourage legal civilians to cooperate with officers, because they'd only suffer themselves in the long run if they didn't help the militia. However, everything is still experimental. Time will show, what has to be fixed, removed, implemented and/or tweaked.

another question, how will you deal with the non-stopping flow of script kiddies if you host it for arma 2 free?

one simple way could be add a simple mod, and with that, free players won't be able to join. But i think this mission is mainly dedicated to free players, since most who got full, playing combined version.

Unfortunately I have to announce that because of several reasons, the Daylight RP project is cancelled as it is. Some members of the team, alone or together, might continue developing Daylight RP, very likely in Arma 3. However, the most likely scenarios are that the project will stay totally dead or that some members of the team might modificate the upcoming roleplay missions with the Daylight RP design documentation and scripts.

I'm very happy to share the design documentation of the mission with people who are interested and/or creating roleplay mission or mod currently. Contact me via PM if you're interested in Daylight RP design ideas and documentation.

The Daylight RP design documentation can't be published here on the forums because the amount of it is huge (>400 A4 pages text and calculations + map, UI and system design pics + massive item charts) and because the design documentation is not available in English. However, I'm very happy to share our ideas and design in English with those who are interested. People who are interested in Daylight RP scripts can contact the mission scripter qbt to get the scripts and permission to use them.

Shit happens, but it's just life. Let the show go on!

Regards,

Ezcoo

Daylight RP designer & community manager

i were hoping, you are working on arma 3, but right, shit happens.

I actually negotiated with zooloo75 about cooperation, but he wanted to finish his mission (Stratis-RP: Ultimate) alone as he said that the mission is kind of test of his skills, that was not the answer I was hoping for but that I fully understand.

But like I said, the Daylight RP design ideas and documentation are still available to those who are interested and/or working on their own RP mission or mod. PM me if you're interested.

Because of the attempt(s) to make money with Daylight RP scripts and design, we've decided to not to share any design documentation or scripts.

Edited by Ezcoo