Sign in to follow this  
MAVEN

MVD Mission Pack

Keep adding missions to this pack?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Keep adding missions to this pack?

• Yes.
    • No.

MAVEN two of my friends played "Barricaded Suspects" on the CiA coop server. They said it was way too easy, had to take out only a couple of criminals due to the AI teams doing all the rest. I'll try to get them here to provide more details.

Thanks for the feedback, Variable.

The missions in this pack are focused on strategy, proper tactics execution and short teamplay. If executed right, it's super easy to complete, however even one small mistake can put the outcome to a complete disaster.

Although slowed down by the ending holiday season and lots of work, I am working on improving the missions as well as possibly adding another few (and at least one SP mission) in next release. Some of the changes include - Fixed lots of bugs, improved AI (synched with events more precisely) more random events (random AI, random vehicles, etc) and several other additions.

Several users mentioned that missions are neither fun or easy to play, the MVD Mission Pack aims to teach about, force use of and explore previously rarely ever seen/used MVD tactics in any game and no primarily entertain. However, the fact that your friends completed the missions with ease is a very good thing, specially if the missions were executed right, thus I would like to know how did they complete Barricaded Suspects, what equipment did they use and so on :)

Thanks for playing missions from this pack.

I can agree with you,if a SWAT/or similar team works good,then they works looks like easy,not so hard like sneaking in the jungle of Lingor : )

I can agree with you,if a SWAT/or similar team works good,then they works looks like easy,not so hard like sneaking in the jungle of Lingor : )

Exactly :p

That's what SWAT (Special weapons and tactics) units are all about. With proper gear, proper execution plans and information, it's a peace of cake. But try this with lack of information or training and it's guaranteed there will be casualties. That being said ArmA 2 can simulate combat but not too realistically (that's left for VBS2) and because of that I had to simplify a lot of things and add my own scenarios from ones in real life I used as inspiration. If I was going to add pure realism to the missions, MVD Barricaded Suspects would hold only 2-3 civillians, would have 1 vehicle, would be only 2-3 of them with pistols, there wouldn't be police officer casualties and no explosions, and in MVD Trapdoor there would be only one car with suspects, only one blocker, only 4 assaulters, only 2 special agents and that's it. Then, missions would be even easier to complete and not fun at all, so I had to strike some balance between simulation, gaming and education.

The same thing goes for updates and upcoming missions. I will make ai a bit tougher but won't cross the line :)

P.S. I was thinking about this, how about that once I add all of those missions listed and fix major bugs I actually create an ACE version (with ace weapons, medical system, and some custom interaction scripts)? Would anyone like this more than the vanilla? Of course, vanilla missions would be available as well.

Edited by MAVEN

ACE missions are always welcome, although personally I'd prefer more of those vanilla missions.

Yeah,it makes me always sad that the CQB part of the game (engine) is terrible..But the raid in the early part of the Harvest Red(we capture some chkdz leader if i'm good remember,are scripted pretty well,maybe u can borrow from a few idea if you recognize from this the mission :D )

ACE missions are always good! Far better than the vanillas

But first please SP(I'm not a team player..)

Agreed, Harvest Red is a really well scripted and animated mission, I was partially inspired by it, BUT, I sadly can't produce such animations, scripts for my missions yet :( (maybe some expert scripter/animator volunteers?)

About MVD Mission Pack releases. First comes MP vanilla, then SP vanilla (once bugs are crushed) then maybe ACE and a more violent version of some missions. I will remind once again that I may not complete the whole pack and release all missions, though I promise I'm working on it and will try hard to complete this as I like MVD and it's a pity no such mission pack is around (hence I decided to make my own even though I'm not too familiar with the editor's powerful features, I welcome tips if someone wants to share :D)

On the youtube you can find editor tutorials,but i think the most of them are about the basics(hopefully not),but i'm sure,if you encounter a problem,you can easily find a missionmaker who helps you(Armaverse community (Y) )

I got over the basics, that's how I made the missions :p

But not the advanced things yet.

These are a pure belter mate, keep at it.

SPS! :D

I like your mods, you got any models/weapons that are expanding the already good BI's MVD units?

Well there is my AKS74U pack and my Spetsnaz FSB that are similar to MVD but at the moment im not expanding on the BIS MVD no.

It appears so. Any good vids where I can see FSB alpha EQ, weapons in particular demonstrated?