Sign in to follow this  
BlenderRUS

ArmA 2 Addons Updater / Launcher (YOMA repo compatible) [RU/EN]

a2tm.jpg

ArmA 2 Addons Manager / Launcher

(Tushino Serious Games server edition)

Hello :)

About half a year ago I started to create an application to simplify addons update procedure for one ACE PvP ArmA 2 server.

Before we used Yoma AddonSync so its compatible with Yoma repository servers.

Since that time I regularry updated it: improved functionality, UI, added new features, launcher, added English language UI support and so on...

So today I've decided to create a tread on BI Forums and share this app with everyone.

Hope you like it! ;)

Features:

[ADDONS UPDATER]

- Full MD5 file checksum generation with fast file compare option (for next addons check)

- Compatible with Yoma AddonSync update servers

- Works with file attributes

- Check addons and update in two clicks

- Tushino Serious Games PVP server presets

[ARMA 2 LAUNCHER]

- External addons support (for example you can use addons from your external HHD/SSD or USB drive)

- Fully compatible with all ArmA 2 versions (OA/CO/RFT)

- Steam compatible (also you can run ArmA 2 with stem overlay)

- Beta patch checker and update with one click (no need to download beta rar, extract and install)

- Automatically checks and creates ACE userconfig files

- Automatic updater included

- Russian and English User Interfaces

- Windows 8 compatible

Download:

- SUB7Games FTP

I still use old Yoma's AddonSync... so I'm gonna give this a try... spasiba!!!!

I downloaded and tried this tool. It is good to see a new tool which is compatible with the Yoma-tool and adds features to it. Thank you for sharing it.

Here are some of my observations:

- Ticking addons creates a "-beta=@addon-name" in the path. Should'nt it be "-mods=@addon-name"?

- I like the "Tushino Ready" button. Can something like this be created by the user for a number of his favourite servers?

- The "external" search for addons is a very good idea. Now we can keep the addons separate from the game.

- Can you explain how to use the updater? When I tried to download the addons for Tushino, the updater was finished in second but didn't do anything.

- How can we change the website shown in the browser?

- I think it would be nice to offer a summary of the most important changes in English in the "About manager" tab.

Hello alpha-kilo.

Thank you for your observations!

-beta instead of -mods is necesarry for Steam users with arma 2 and arma 2 oa in a separated folders.

In further updates I'll add option to edit some buttons like "Tushino Ready", browser URL and add manager profiles but for now as I wrote in first post it has been made for Tushino.

About updates - there are some speed limit restrictions (or even shutdown on traffic overload) on Tushino FTP between 20:00-00:00 GMT +4 in case of 100-200 players playing on Tushino servers (especially on weekends), also check app's file write permissions (run as administrator).

And also I planned to make english version of changelog :)

-beta instead of -mods is necesarry for Steam users with arma 2 and arma 2 oa in a separated folders.

Where'd you get this from? I'm using steam and I have never used -beta :) And I'm pretty sure it's -mod not -mods

It would be really nice to have te possibility to connect the addon updater with a custom server url. So i'm looking forward to new releases with this capability :)

Thank you very much for such a nice launcher!

Will there be any update to include other servers than yours in the future?

The description says this is compatible with RFT (Reinforcements), but the launcher only looks for the OA executable.

Hi ,

i am looking for a "how to" for Yoma repo for Admins. I want to know how i can make a Yoma Addon Server. I have Game-Server and want that the Members can just Yoma to sync there addons to the Game-Server.

So, does someone have a link to some usefull things for me ?

Thankx a lot , Butterzeugs

Would you please finally completed a full English translation of Tushino AddonSync/Launcher. I saw your new program DLLauncher for A3 but it can be used only for predefined servers :(