Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[COOP] Inv44 mission pack by bardosy

Invasion 1944 coop mission pack by Bardosy

i44bardosy00.jpg

This pack contains four cooperative missions with Invasion 1944 MOD designed for 2-8 players.

It require Inv44 MOD v2.6.

Features:

* Four exciting, action-packed missions

* Weapon respawn and a unique respawn system

* Weapon selection in the briefing

* UPSMON script cause very smart AI behavior

* Both Allied and German missions

* 1-2 hours gameplay in each mission

* It is fun with 2 human players too, but you can play with 7 friends.

* Special Inv44 combat experience

i44bardosy09.th.jpgi44bardosy01.th.jpgi44bardosy03.th.jpg

i44bardosy04.th.jpgi44bardosy06.th.jpgi44bardosy07.th.jpg

Mission Eagle:

A lost 101st airborne squad find their fight in Normandy countryside.

Mission Fallschirm Assault:

A Fallschirmjager squad got order to recapture a bridge from their British counterpart, Red Devils.

Mission Rangers Xing:

A Ranger platoon have to cross a river and make a bridgehead over it. Mini Omaha beach.

Mission Waffen:

In the chaos of D-Day a Waffen-SS squad got different and chaotic orders.

Installation:

Copy the PBO files into your MPMissions folder.

Addons:

Invasion 1944 MOD v2.62

Special thanks to Konrad for inspiration and testing the missions!

Download from Depositfiles

Download from mine

Armaholic mirror

Edited by bardosy
armaholic mirror

I cant check this today by myself so im ask. Can i play them as SP missions?

Yes, if you start a Multiplayer server for yourself (probably LAN and then no one else can join) and then you will be the only human player and you have 7 AI subordinates. But you cannot start these missions as Single player menu, because these are compiled as multi.

Of course I tested it many times alone, so probably you can do it, but MUCH easier with fellow players.

Ok thx for info. i will try alone in SP or LAN and see if there is no problem.

@edit

Just started 2 missions as SP in Single player menu (not as a lan game etc). No problems so far :)

Edited by tom3kb

Thank you Bardosy! What kind of respawn is used in the missions?

@Variable: quote from the mission's briefing: "This is a special respawn system. The respawn location is always draggad by the actual squad leader. So, if you die, you will be respawn on your squad leader's location. This system needs a cold headed, reasonable squad leader, who will not run into crossfire or high danger. This is his responsibility to make a safe place for his subordinates' respawn. This kind of respawn create a fast, action-packed and adrenaline-pump gameplay. Enjoy!"

Well, I just played two of these with 3 friends.

The atmosphere was great, however as I'm used to having only none or limited lives the balance between friendly and foes seemed just overwhelming.

Couple of of guys ended up just shooting chickens in their frustration.

How about allowing more access into captured enemy vehicles/static weapons?

Also the respawn system sometimes backfired thus throwing the units back where they died even if the leader was also available further away.

The tasks dis not show complete (except on map view) so maybe also add that to avoid confusion when throwing in new tasks during the mission.

And then there were some typos (no big issue but maybe check it out with someone else)

Don't get me wrong, we liked them but it was no fun at this state.

The mission ideas were good so keep doing more.

Br

VanhA

Really-really thank you for the great feedback!

I'm not sure I understand you correctly about the balance. Did you mean it was too easy? Or too hard?

I added much more enemies as friendlies because the human players are much better than AI. We test these missions by two human players (sometimes three, but not more) and it was challenging for us (and sometimes seems very hard), but we thought it's the optimal balance: hard enough. Probably more human player (eight) could easily eliminate the enemies...

Access to captured enemy vehicle/static weapon. Most of them is available, but few of them is only prop/scenery. And an other part is prop until you capture the area and then it will unlocked for the players. But thanks for saying this, I'll open all prop equipment after clear the area. If I just put it unlocked, the AI (thanks for UPSMON script) will use it or move it away.

Respawn: There is one mission (Ranger river crossing) what uses the basic respawn (players respawn in a safe base and when they capture the next objective, respawn move forward.) But probably you didn't speak about it, but a bug. We found this in vary rare moments (usually when we stop playing a mission in the middle and a few days later continue). Did you join the mission in the briefing, or some of you join in progress?

Did you mean with the tasks, these only shows the title and not the details? In the Waffen-SS mission I tried to radiochat the details of the new objectives when it created. Is it okey? I can add these method (radiochat the details of the new task) to the other missions. (Somehow in Inv44, the Garmens couldn't use sideChat, but only globalChat..., but I guess it's not a problem for you).

Thanks for playing, testing and feedback me!!!

Well, the landscape with tall grass and UPSMON results in enemy seeing you through bushes too often I guess so they were pretty hard.

Main problem was the respawn acting funny and resulting us spawning in the middle of the enemy where we just died... and died again maybe 7 times before one of us got lucky and eliminated the enemy.

:)

The task issue is fine (updating the new ones) I just meant that the completion of the tasks went un-noticed. If you have them enabled in the same trigger where the new tasks are set it usually requires a small delay if you're using the taskmaster for example.

Thank you for the missions.

I know this is coop pack but i play this missions pack as normal SP missions (some of them are really hard->upsmon).

I can't launch in SP only one mission Eagles becose you dont set any unit as player (all are set as playable). I know i can change this in editor. Missions are v.good and long. I have 1 small request, if you will make update can you set teamleader in Eagles as player.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I have also 2 small suggestion:

you can add to all missions overview with picture and info about what we will do in mission.

You can also add activatekey, donekeys commands to description.ext and end trigger. If someone will finish your mission in SP he will have "green box" in missions menu.

You know then which mission you already played. Good for people that have >2500 missions on hdd like me :)

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Thanks for very good missions, i hope you will make more missions for I44 mod.

@tom3kb: thanks for the feedback! I just did your requests: I add player (not playable) for the eagle's squad leader. And add keys for all four missions and aktivateKey at the end of missions.

But I will not add pic and info as single mission, because I design these as multiplayer and there is a short description already in every missions (probably it seen only in multiplayer menu, but I'm not sure).

Currently I don't want update in all mirrors, but if you need, I can send you by mail.

Now I'm working on a longer mission. It's about Crete invasion and German paratroopers have to capture Maleme airport. We tested it yesterday and it played 2 and a half hours.

@VanhA-ICON: I wandering, is it good enough, if I create a version of all missions with Norrin's revive script? I don't like it, because if I die, I have to wait until the other players can clear enough the zone to revive me. But it prevent those situation, what you mentioned. What do you think?

By the way, i like Insurgency's respawn system, when you can switch between your squadmates and if any of them is far enough from enemy, you can respawn on him. But I cannot extract this system (scripts) from Insurgency mission. If I could, I use it in all my coop missions.

Thanks for adding stuff from my suggestion to your missions. About not adding overview (i understand) i write about that becose missions look better in SP menu :) with picture etc.

If you want send me PM with link to new version or i can wait for "official" update.

Ps:wenn we complete task marker change colour and we have "green box" in briefing but maybe you can add also some hint on screen.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

For example in trigger:

hint "Task one completed" or something like that. Or maybe radio message from HQ i dont know. Its only another suggestion.

Now wenn we fight we can miss info that we accomplished task. Sooner or later we know about this, wenn we open our map.

Ok i think this is my last idea what you can change.

One more time thanks for the changes in missions. :)

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Ps2: you can send me missions on my email or as PM. Or i can wait its not a problem. Maybe you will change or add something before next release. I can wait. :)

Because of complains about the respawns system, I developed a new script for it. Very similar as Insurgency: when you died, you can rotate your squad mates with arrow keys and you can select the mate, who is in the safest/closest/ideal position for you and hit Enter button to respawn there.

I will soon update these missions with this new respawn system and I hope you will enjoy it better.

And of course I will update the tasks' information too as you mentioned it above....