Sign in to follow this  
Enricksolt

[H&S] Hide and Seek

Many of you have surely play game like Counter Strike, Half Life Deathmatch or the Garry's Mod, and some of you have play a gamemode that's called Hide and Seek (or Prop Hunt). For who doesn't know what i'm talking about, It's a fun-based gamemode where there're 2 teams, the Hunters and the Props.

The props have the capability to turn in any object, like a boxes, a paint cans, etc, and they have to "melt" with the map to hide from the seekers.

The Hunters goal is go find them and kill them.

So I thought, "Why don't bring this to Arma?".

And here it is.

arma2oa2012101814460038.pngarma2oa2012101814452069.png

arma2oa2012101814430519.pngarma2oa2012101814331065.png

It's "Addons Free" itself, but it requires CBA and MAP EU.

The gameplay\balance works like this for now:

- Hiddens -

- Have 2 minutes for select the object they want to be and find a place to hide. (They can move around even after the round started)

- Dies in 2 shots.

- Hunters -

- Equipped with a M1014.

- Loses 10 Healt Points everytime they shoot.

- Regain all the Health when they kill a Hidden. (Just for the one who get the kill, not everyone)

- Have 10 minutes for find all the Hiddens.

Download

It's currently in Beta Test with my clan =]NeraFolgore[= for now, but i will release a public version very soon.

Show Supports if you are interested. Make suggestions if you want.

Cheers.

Edited by Enricksolt

Oh lord, thanks for creating this mod in ArmA II. I really want to show you my support, i already planned massive player events in our community. This will be awesome as hell!

Will there be an area restriction or just selfmade maps?

This looks very cool. Any way you can work on getting rid of the MAP_EU dependency?

The problem here is almost all the basic Arma 2's objects doesn't support EventHandler. MAP_EU is a less than 1MB mod, it's just a "reconfig" of all the Arma 2's static objects that you can use, so if you want to play this mission, you must have it.

Will there be an area restriction or just selfmade maps?

I'll just use pre-made maps, as i don't have the knowledge to make a custom map. The area will be just small maps sections, surrounded by invisible walls, filled with random props spawn and other stuff.

Edited by Enricksolt

Here ya go.

"Hide & Seek is a TvT mission in a rather... atypical fashion. H&S features two teams, the Hidden and the Hunters. As you may have guessed the Hidden need to escape from the Hunters, who must try to kill them until the time runs out. But here's the twist: the Hidden can take the shape of several props randomly placed around the game area. It's a little hard to explain, but believe me if I say you will be laughing your ass off trying to pursue some dude disguised as a bench."

ACE2 and ACRE are optional (There is no spectating after death w\o ACE).

CBA and MAP_EU (included in ACEX_USNavy) are necessary.

Know Issues:

- The invisible wall do not spawn sometimes (it's very rare)

- The HUD is not optimized for all resolution

- The end trigger may not work sometimes

Gameplay\Balanced:

- Hunters are equipped with M1014 and Pellet shots, from a close range you need 1 to for take down a Hidden.

- Hiddens have 2 minutes to hide themselves. Hunters have 10 minutes to find and kill them.

For this release you need MBG Cindercity. There is also a version for Chernarus in WiP, but i'll not release it now.

Download

Have fun, don't forget to share and send me a PM if you want to report any issue.

Edited by Enricksolt

Great fun! Some bugs to report tho:

Error in expression <le "hiddensArray";
deleteVehicle (_this getVariable "hiddenModel");
>
 Error position: <getVariable "hiddenModel");
>

-Script error when some prop is killed.

I'd recommend using the getVariable array.

-Also three times in a row, I spawned in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure what caused it. Got the hint saying "Got 'ya!" and that's it.

I've might have died directly at spawn.

The hunters do not get a black screen, it says "Letting the props hide" and then it goes back so they can see everything (the same time as the props)

Edit:

Got a video :)

Edited by cuel

I must thanks you all.

-Also three times in a row, I spawned in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure what caused it. Got the hint saying "Got 'ya!" and that's it.

I've might have died directly at spawn.

I really don't know, meaby you've downloaded the "old" version of the mission, where there was an issue with the timer that start the mission almost immediately.

I'm woking on fixing those issues, and i'm also working on a version for Chernarus, just to get rid of the Cindercity dependency.

I guess not. Suddenly, a lot of good missions/mods are uncompleted yet. Maybe it gets picked up by another modder.