Sign in to follow this  
HK (HunterKiller)

Flahing textures in resistance

My textures are still flashing in Resistance 1.75 with HWT&L setting on, i have upgraded my drivers to the Catalyst 7.72 version, so is it a game problem or a driver problem? , sorry if this is not in the correct place (i thought maybe troubleshooting, but this seemed more likely place),

Your first thought was the correct one, it does indeed belong to Troubleshooting smile.gif

Listen to the force you must wink.gif

I also recommend reading the Resistance-forum-faq, so that you know what Resistance forum is for smile.gif

Thats a driver problem and the only one who can fix that is Ati

hope that teaches you buying a videocard of a manifactor making crappy drivers tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 01 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats a driver problem and the only one who can fix that is Ati

hope that teaches you buying a videocard of a manifactor making crappy drivers  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Suma said that they did some work with the highlighting specifically for the Radeon cards, and it could be a driver problem, configuration problem, or an OFP problem. It would be interesting to know which version of the Radeon drivers Suma et al did the development and testing with, because the effects must have looked right on their systems.

By the way, ridiculing someone just for not owning whatever brand of hardware you prefer is decidedly uncool. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ July 01 2002,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, ridiculing someone just for not owning whatever brand of hardware you prefer is decidedly uncool. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I concur.

Speeeedy I'm sure you can guess what will happen if there's a repeat.

I doubt that it's a driver problem because I have gone through about 10 different sets of drivers to try to get rid of this problem, and the textures flash on every single one sad.gif

if i reamber correctly on the MP test form when that was happen wasnt there also a navida card doing that with the graffics also

damn you guys cant even take a joke can you didnt you guys see the tounge.gif

Yeah, its decidedly uncool to be so strict for no reason.

Placebo, do you have fun banning people or something? A simple little joke, and what he gets is "next is a ban"

confused.gif

Guess you don't hang out much in troubleshooting.......

Jokes don't belong in TS, anywhere else is fine, people post here cos they need help, not for a wise ass to mock the hardware they have.

Are the textures in your games flashing continually, or once in a while? I have a Hercules Prophet 3D with the Radeon 8500LE chipset and while there's the occasional glitch, I can look past that.

I applaud your decision Placebo. See enough garbage everywhere else. My dad can beat up your dad kind of crap. Now, back to the point. Apparently there is a bug in Ati drivers High detail textures that cause flashing. The latest internal build of drivers has fixed this. Hopefully they will be released to the public soon. Don't know if this is related to your situation though.

ok guys ... the fix is out there !!!!

just leaked beta 7.73 driver for all OS's !!!

just do a search for it on google.... i have tested them out and it works good in HTL mode .... no flashing of textures!!

get on it and enjoy !! biggrin.gif

HAILS !!

UPDATE:

ok ... well ... for some reason the flashing textures have come back in HTL mode mad.gif

so now i just play the game in d3d no HTL .

game seems to run just as smooth so not a big deal .

but ... it is a ATI driver problem !!!

maybe some day they can get it fixed ... who knows. confused.gif

It appeared to be a resistance problem thats why i posted it there, apologies, u obnoxious so and so tounge.gif (sorry no jokes allowed eh).

Speeedy you know what you can do....

Here is a fix i found, Driver heaven , it not only sorted the flashing textures in HWT&L, but also a few problems i had in other games *coughs*, ok occasionally i fall from grace and play something else, VERY occasionally i might add...., i also posted it in a similiar topic in resistance that you never moved to here confused.gif

JOB done.....