Sign in to follow this  
disorder

My Ideas

Funky game so far, needs some love but I'm willing to wait.

Since everyone and their dog has ideas and I don't want to hijack others here goes for what I think the game needs:

Base radar - Being able to see action on islands that are being attacked that have a built in radar (why only the carrier gets it?)

Proper lights - Real lights that actually light up stuff and aren't just conical sprites.

Proper mud handling - Vehicles with chains/tracks. (kind of like a half-track)

Slower carrier acceleration and turning. It feels like a speedboat right now and should be more like the Homeworld mothership; Slow and plodding.

Target priority - Guns that attack targets they are only supposed to. Example: Shell Deck Guns trying to attack Mantas?

Solar power collector - Carrier upgrade that replaces deck gun or another section with a slow energy recharge during clear days. (not overcast or night)

Get rid of instant rebuild - It gives a disadvantage if you are weak and an enemy takes it and it immediately changes to strong type. Instead have everything rebuilt slowly (I thought it was supposed to anyway)

(edit: added another idea)

Edited by disorder

Base radar may not be possable because the game currently only loads up one island map section at a time.

Talking abut target priority.

I was playing the campaign yesterday.

I was trying to take an enemy island and had just taken out all scramblers.

Since the command center on the Island was located close to the coast, I decide d to move my carrier to that location so I did not have to send my walrus across all the Island.

Some nasty turrets was still left and I wanted to take them out before moving in with my walrus.

First I tried going in with a manta, only to get shot down by some nasty AA guns before I could take out the turrent.

So I moved my carrier close and used the plasma cannon to take out the turret.

Now for the target priority part that pissed me off.

While I was using the plasma cannon, the other 2 gun turrets at the front of the carrier was firing at the enemy command center, and destroyed it.

So instead of sending in a walrus with a hack capsule and capture it immediately, I had to rebuild the command center.

Now why the hell do my carrier guns shoot at the command center?

Where is the logic in destroying the command center instead of capturing it intact?