Sign in to follow this  
Twin2Win

Buldozer load times or doesn't work?

Hello again everybody!

I have ran in to another issue... Got everything made for a different map project and when I start bulldozer it does it usual loading thing, then dissappears but says its still running and connected. So I chose to "reload Buldozer" 2 hours later I'm still sitting on not responding from Visitor3. Do I wait it out? Or is it just not working? the map is 40960M and only has trees and rocks at the moment. Any ideas?

Is their another way to export my world into a .wrp so I can get it into the game?

UPDATE: What does "landgrid reference exceeded the range [1023, 1023] it is [0,2047]" mean? What do I have to change?

Edited by Twin2Win

put -exthreads=0 in the bulldozer .exe in visitors system prefrances

mine is "p:\buldozer.exe" -window -exthreads=0-buldozer -addons=p:\V3addons.txt

Ya that does nothing, buldozer starts says "loading surface materials" and just disappears... Also it isn't using any CPU in task manager

UPDATE: Got Buldozer to stop dissapearing by increasing the layer size to 40x40 but now it loads and stops working almost instantly. Any ideas? All I want to do is export it so I can load it up in game....

Another UPDATE: Was able to get it to load in, if, I start in the sea and raise my elevation really high. But as i get inland and start to lower the "box" it crashes. I think it has something to do with my ground texture but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I binned it anyway to see what errors would show up and here is what it says

<world = "p:\twin\kami_pen\kamipen.wrp">

Cannot open object twin\kami_pen\fraxinus2s.p3d

Warning: Embedded material ca\rocks2\data\r2_boulder1.rvmat differs - repack data

source used: twin\kami_pen\r2_boulder1.p3d

source ignored: twin\kami_pen\r2_boulder2.p3d

hint: twin\kami_pen\r2_boulder2.p3d is older

Warning: Embedded material ca\rocks2\data\r2_boulder1.rvmat differs - repack data

Creating texture headers file...

3702 texture headers saved to file "P:\bin_temp\twin\kami_pen\texHeaders.bin"

Edited by Twin2Win

You do have textures on your terrain right? It sounds like you do but are you sure they are there? I know that I used to have a problem that sounds exactly the same as yours where it would crash when untextured.

Ya it's really confusing...The textures wont show in buldozer, and apparently binpbo hates me and says they are old and just ignores them. I don't understand it...I just don't know what to do anymore. I am growing an extreme hate for Visitor and buldozer....

Ya it's really confusing...The textures wont show in buldozer, and apparently binpbo hates me and says they are old and just ignores them. I don't understand it...I just don't know what to do anymore. I am growing an extreme hate for Visitor and buldozer....

I'm pretty sure we have all gone through phases of hating visitor and bulldozer. There is a solution to this problem we just need to figure out what it is. The reason buldozer is crashing, most likely, is because the terrain isn't textured. Additionally your terrain is pretty big and I assume uses 4096 as the dimension which is a buggy size and is known to cause problems related to object placement.

I would recommend checking all your file paths to make sure that they are correct. There is obviously something wrong with the textures and that is commonly the culprit.

2048 with 10m cell size. Which is 20480x20480. I've had no luck in figuring out whats wrong. I've checked and changed file paths incase I was wrong, Moved files, re pathed them. I'm close to smashing my keyboard...again... I have a 2 keyboard limit with programs before I quit and write a very nasty letter...

2048 x 2048

10m cell size

40m x 40m Base Texture Layer

20480x20480 Satellite & mask (Though for speed when getting things working initially you could use a 10240x10240 if you like)

So far, so good...

<world = "p:\twin\[color="#FF0000"]kami_pen[/color]\kamipen.wrp">

Good - you have a namespace/tag folder then a "main project folder" with the .wrp file inside at that level...

Bad - the "project folder" name MUST be the same as the "project name" (.pew and .wrp) AND the main "classname" in your config...

Cannot open object twin\kami_pen\fraxinus2s.p3d

Looks like something is looking inside your main project folder - for one of the (binarized) Arma 2 tree models!... definitely something wrong there...

Now it's looking for - and finding, apparently! - Arma 2 rock models....

Two of 'em, looks like.....!

Got Buldozer to stop dissapearing by increasing the layer size to 40x40 but now it loads and stops working almost instantly

If you change the Base Layer size you should really re-import Sat & Mask to refresh the Layers folder files...

But first I'd fix that Project Folder name to be the same as the .pew, .wrp and the classname in your config, plus change all other paths in all other configs - plus groundtexture .rvmats to reflect the new name...

And then theres the question of pre-binarized models in a terrain folder which you're subsequently... binarizing... That's not generally a good idea...

Are those models in your project folder?

Why?

B

"reload Buldozer" 2 hours later I'm still sitting on not responding from Visitor3. Do I wait it out?

Hehe no.

Is their another way to export my world into a .wrp so I can get it into the game?

Yes PMC Editing Wiki: ConvertWRP does conversion from PEW to WRP.

What does "landgrid reference exceeded the range [1023, 1023] it is [0,2047]" mean? What do I have to change?

There is good set of info to help you out on PMC Editing Wiki: Large Terrain Errors page.

Bad - the "project folder" name MUST be the same as the "project name" (.pew and .wrp)

Not true.

Well thank you for the responses everyone, I'm going to redo all my files and start with fresh textures. Also, I have no idea why it's looking in my project folder... or why its finding anything, because there are no P3D's in there ???

BTW thanks for the Links Snake!