Sign in to follow this  
deanolium

[MOD] Island Mod

And OMG, so much better with the program resume fix and manual time warp.

I have just created one: dl.dropbox.com/u/2827173/CCGM/patch01.pak :)

Great, this works on the Sprocket version, thank you Seberoth. I hope one day we'll have advanced full control on how many islands exactly are taken by the player, by the enemy, and how many are neutral. Simply with numbers to enter, instead of intransparent sliders.

Thanks for the pak file, this makes it work on the retail version too.

Hmmm, so whats the point of having 3 islands, 3 enemy islands and 27 neutral? Is it this? -> Winning many neutral islands as fast as possible (no enemy defense at that time), then meeting somewhere in the middle when both have about 50%, then winning enemies islands/defending your own? Hmm... indeed a long game... :) But the first part (winning the neutral ones) may turn out to be boring? Just thinking.

Oh it has them all neutral? That doesn't sound like much fun, the challenge is taking red islands. Ideally you could start with one blue island and ALL the others red. I just wanted this mod for getting rid of the program-resume. It's not perfect, the units will still turn and level up to any set program, but it's still a lot better than having them take off without you telling them.

You have to pick your islands and it takes longer to find the enemy carrer.

Species: Yeah, it does mean the beginning can be somewhat monotonous, but it does mean you pick which islands you want along with deciding what they should be. It's more like the original game. The main reason I did it was also because I don't like/trust the roles it picks the preowned islands as having when you start a game. For me that's a part of the strategy and fun.

But horses for courses, and everyone has a different play style. To be honest, it would be more fun when mixed with a better enemy carrier AI - one where if you are as powerful as him, it'd still be difficult (and thus suicide if you're weaker). Thus making you need to not only make a powerful chain of islands for yourself, but also eventually weaken his chain (whilst avoiding him) until you can overpower him. I'm sure we'll get that part of the game down eventually, it's just not there yet.

However, if you want just the program-resume removed, this is very easily done. (The following instructions are for the steam version; though you can use the instructions above to pack it for other versions.) Just go to the Scripts directory and delete all the files except for telecontrol.h (which is the file with the mod remove the automatic program resume). And there you go.

I hope that helps!

Thanks, but I got the mod working and like it. Also like the manual timewarp, especially when moving the carrier around the outside of the island, or repairing a damaged manta afrer a bombing run. Just started a new strategy game today but maybe some time I will do one with all the neutral islands.

I wish we could be totally free to decide about islands. E.g. I'd prefer a small match with 1:me 1:enemy 5:neutral - i.e. an island setup with some islands left out.

I wish we could be totally free to decide about islands. E.g. I'd prefer a small match with 1:me 1:enemy 5:neutral - i.e. an island setup with some islands left out.

From what I have seen on the forums, take a look at classic_campaign.h

From what I have seen on the forums, take a look at classic_campaign.h

Well yeah, I understand a bit of C++, but I think this would turn out to messing with variables - I don't really know what would happen in the end...

Is there anything you can do about the units turning and facing a different direction once you switch away from them? I often take control of another unit for a moment and when I come back, have to find my way again because it has turned away.

For the resume mod bit, I found:

void OnLeaveUnit( InteractiveEntity pEntity )
{
	if( pEntity.HasPlan() )
	{
		if( !pEntity.IsPlanSuspended() || HasDirectControl() )
			pEntity.PlanEnable();
	}

pEntity.AutoPilot(true);
}

Changed to:

{
	if( pEntity.HasPlan() )
	{
		if( !pEntity.IsPlanSuspended()) // || HasDirectControl() ) // DEANO:: Removed this so the AI doesn't snatch control back from me
			pEntity.PlanEnable();
	}

pEntity.AutoPilot(true);
}

Now assuming that this is only called when you exit a unit, Would it not be better to just?:

{

}

Now assuming that this is only called when you exit a unit, Would it not be better to just?:

{

}

I have just tried this. It doesn't seem to make any difference, the mantas still turn away when you leave them.

First of all I'd like to say that I sincerely appreciate all of your findings. It's amazing how ingenious the BI community is! Keeping with tradition, all BI games support modability, as is the case with planned support for CCGM. To make your lives easier, we are planning to release our developer tools in a few weeks. Some preliminary manuals will be released on the BIWiki soon. We are observing your needs and will try to address these in the next patch, so feel free to state what you feel is missing. Don't stop asking questions, we take them into account when writing tutorials.

best regards,

I have just tried this. It doesn't seem to make any difference, the mantas still turn away when you leave them.

Correction, I was trying this by editing telecontrol in the scripts folder, which I forgot doesn't work in the retail version, so the PAK file was overriding my edit, so I don't know if this change makes any difference. Would someone be able to make a PAK file with this change?

First of all I'd like to say that I sincerely appreciate all of your findings. It's amazing how ingenious the BI community is! Keeping with tradition, all BI games support modability, as is the case with planned support for CCGM. To make your lives easier, we are planning to release our developer tools in a few weeks. Some preliminary manuals will be released on the BIWiki soon. We are observing your needs and will try to address these in the next patch, so feel free to state what you feel is missing. Don't stop asking questions, we take them into account when writing tutorials.

best regards,

Thanks for than information! You guys are awesome! keep up the work! I love the ability to mod the game which make the game last twice as long and double the fun!