Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

After countless hours play.

Bloody great game. I applaud BI for keeping the spirit. Can't put this one down. :D

Personal thing I would change/add.

Get rid of the grain effect. It's like puking on a Picasso

Have a classic mode, both carriers start with only one island each.

Keep the story driven campaign, but dump all of the fps sections and replace them with a narrator and art.

I know the bugs will get squashed, so these don't bother me so much.

Cheers!

Edited by Dajunka

I agree. It was a very long time since I enjoyed a game this much. Bloody great.

I encountered very few bugs and nothing severe. The rest of the game is so fun it even overshine the walrus AI. ;)

For longevity I also hope for more starting options in the 'classic mode'.

ALSO. If users can create islands in the future, it would be completely awesome if they could easily be included in the classic mode (like import in-game and a library to keep track of imported islands). So instead of 30-ish islands there could be hundreds of islands to randomly encounter. I imagine fan pages ranking user created islands and putting them up for download! :)

It is a very good game and brought back fond memories of the original. I'm looking forward to the mod support and seeing what the community has to offer.

I wonder if it's possible to create a mod where you can walk around the carrier while waiting for supplies? Ooh and create a landing craft Walrus with a boarding party? :)

Dajunka, how do you handle the enemy carrier? What's your overall strategy? TIA! (I'd like to enjoy it as well, but end up killing the enemy carrier too soon...)

I have truly enjoyed playing this game over the last few days, and just cant put it down.

This is so much with keeping with the spirit of the original, and its pretty much how I would have expected the game to be had the original been created today.

Yes there are bugs, but we cant expect them to have found all of them.

Still what bugs I have found are few and far between and nothing gamebreaking, only minor ones.

And I'm sure BI will have them sorted soon.

Too many games today are unfortunately short, boring and for the most part copies of each other with a few changes.

I honestly miss the games of the 80' and 90', and I truly and sincerely wish that more developers/publishers would create games the way BI has done here.

Not just remakes of old classics, but new games as well.

Dajunka, how do you handle the enemy carrier? What's your overall strategy? TIA! (I'd like to enjoy it as well, but end up killing the enemy carrier too soon...)

It's suppose to avoid you were possible, but if it doesn't, you avoid it. Just take out it's attacking force and it will usually bugger off with it's tail between it's legs. :)

My goal is to own near all of the islands then deal with the enemy carrier.

In the original the enemy carrier was a b******d, not only in its battle capabilitys, but also having the uncanny ability to only ever show its tail-end as it sped off.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I agree. It was a very long time since I enjoyed a game this much. Bloody great.

I encountered very few bugs and nothing severe. The rest of the game is so fun it even overshine the walrus AI. ;)

For longevity I also hope for more starting options in the 'classic mode'.

ALSO. If users can create islands in the future, it would be completely awesome if they could easily be included in the classic mode (like import in-game and a library to keep track of imported islands). So instead of 30-ish islands there could be hundreds of islands to randomly encounter. I imagine fan pages ranking user created islands and putting them up for download! :)

Aye! I think the modding community are going to have a field day with this game. It's a simple game but with thousands of permutations, just right for a modders creative talents.