Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Is there any way to unlock the map cameria (when zoomed in)?

When you zoom in on the map, is there any way to unlock the camera so you can scroll out side the map section?

IE: I'm chasing the enemy carrier close to 2 islands, but when I zoom in, it zooms in on one of the 2 islands and not my carrier and it wont let me move my view to my carrier to where I can give orders to my units.......

You can center the view on the Carrier by double-clicking on its icon in the command bar. That should solve the issue.

Yes, thank you, that half works and no, it did not take cair of the entire issue

It still cuts off a big area of where I can scroll my view to that is also inside my control range. IE: I just hit the load screen for an island and as you come up to the island, you can't scroll away from it. This is bad if your chaseing the enemy carrier.

Why is the cameria locking in the frist place?

With regard to zooming, I would like to see a fluid zoom implemented rather than the staged zoom which we currently have. For the larger islands I would like to get the whole island on screen with all the detail icons rather than either a portion of it or the whole of it without the detail.

Yes! At least double or triple the zoom levels, and let us zoom at least so far out that we can see the entire telemetry range on one screen in tactical mode before it switches to strategic mode.

Really, you rarely need to see your island in strategic mode. You always want to see the next 3 or 4 islands as well.

There is also a really disturbing jump when you switch to strategic mode (it clamps against the island's boundaries, which it doesn't really need to), meaning you frequently lose track of where you were initially wanting to zoom in.

I think it should zoom to my mouse position like what you can do with google maps.

Agreed. Zoom could do with some work especially were the carrier is concerned, it doesn't feel right.