Sign in to follow this  
MarkQuinn

Here's how I was able to remap the keys

I found CCSettings in My Documents/CarrierCommand (not the doc by the same name in the main CC folder). I opened this file with notepad and found/replaced all instances of "padup" (without quotes) with "w". I did the same with paddown, replacing it with "s", padleft, replacing it with "a", padright, replacing it with "d". You could probably use any letter on your keyboard, but I chose these, knowing that I wouldn't be using them.

In the game options, I was now able to successfully replace the up-down-left-right keys with my arrow keys. Up and Down properly showed the arrow keys, but for some strange reason, left and right were designated as "left mouse button" and "right mouse button." However, in game the vehicles correctly identified all four arrow keys for movement as well as the left and right mouse buttons for the various UI actions and weapon firing. So it worked fine.

This is awesome! It will definitely come in use for those who wish to change their key mappings! Nice find Mark :3.

Also: Welcome to the forums! :)

Yeah, being left handed the game was no good to me until I done this, but now, after using this hack I can play okay.

Note for Steam users:

You won't find the ccsettings.xml file under My Documents - instead search for it inside Steam/userdata.

I hope this helps a lot of people. Though I'm right handed, I've always used the arrow keys. I tried using the Xbox controller with this game but to me it lacked the precision of the mouse. And it was confusing.

The irony is I was playing so long with w-s-a-d that even though I now have the keys as I like them, I'm habitually going back to those when I first take control of a vehicle. :p That will change.

I dont have folders there for cc, this data is stored in "\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission" for me.