Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Weapon stats?

What are all the weapon stats? I'm interested in weapon range.

It seems I have to get closer than 500 M to hit anything with any weapon, even the tomahawk, else the weapon blows up mid air.

Can anyone confirm this?

Depends what weapon of course, but for example the Carrier Shell, if aimed at around 35 degrees, can reach a good distance of about 1.3km, for example.

As for weapon stats, you can find these in the Production List, where all weapons and equipment are built, also showing their statistics.

Depends what weapon of course, but for example the Carrier Shell, if aimed at around 35 degrees, can reach a good distance of about 1.3km, for example.

As for weapon stats, you can find these in the Production List, where all weapons and equipment are built, also showing their statistics.

Yes, but the stats don't have the weapon ranges listed.

Yes, but the stats don't have the weapon ranges listed.

Fair point. The ranges are set in the binarized database, which will be editable in the modding tools, so you will also be able to find the ranges there.

By the way, the H.E.A.T is ridiculously IMBA compared to the other weapons (only the Laser comes close in utility). It's too strong vs. buildings IMHO, considering how strong it is vs. vehicles, and how good its effective range is (keep that, though).

By the way, the H.E.A.T is ridiculously IMBA compared to the other weapons (only the Laser comes close in utility). It's too strong vs. buildings IMHO, considering how strong it is vs. vehicles, and how good its effective range is (keep that, though).

Ideally it would not damage buildings much as it is an anti-armor weapon. Something to consider for the future. I'm glad we're getting feedback regarding weapon damage.

The quad aa for the walruses are to strong too, when I must kill some radar or other big buildings I just take that, it will blowup before the gun overheats. With this gun you can easy kill all things in no time.

HEAT Shell

I suggest nerfing its damage vs. structures... so it's maybe at 25% to 30% of the carrier plasma gun damage per shell, or maybe 50% to 70% of a Manta rocket. It currently it feels almost twice as strong as the carrier deck gun! With its long range, I can easily snipe key structures from afar (2 shells = 1 manta hangar or 1 radar installation, 3 shells is a walrus garage)

Also, since it is a 1 shot 1 kill weapon vs. most Walruses, limit its ammo to 25 instead of 75. That would also make it less useful against Mantas (you can't afford to waste shots and should take cover instead). It should only deal its "vs. structures" damage to carriers, as well.

Lastly, I'd make it a 2-shot kill versus Armor Mk.2 Walruses, like 50% to 60% damage per projectile. That way you can more confidently hand the weapon to more enemy walruses, and (yay!) turrets.

The HEAT also has firing issues with the AI, when approaching enemy units, the AI gunner often overshoots the target at point blank range (i.e. enemy walrus is 2 meters in front of the walrus!) Seems to happen when the enemy is slightly below and the friendly walrus is driving.

There is a HUD aiming issue where the reticle turns red (I guess to show you a decent firing solution), but you actually have to aim further till it's only faint pink. This is compounded by the fact that the actual barrel of the walrus conceals the location you want to shoot at, so you have to repeatedly re-aim to zero in on a target. Maybe detach the reticle and have the camera look straight ahead.

LASER suggestions

Reduce laser ammo by around 50%. Seriously, it's too versatile and precise. Or make it overheat twice as fast (or a suitable combination of the two).

Make enemy walruses with Lasers spawn more rarely. (they don't have the ammo issue because of their shorter life time). Instead, spawn more gatling walruses. They are fun.

GRENADES Suggestions

There is a HUD aiming issue where the reticle turns red (I guess to show you a decent firing solution), but you actually have to aim further till it's only faint pink.

The AI sometimes goes into crazy auto fire mode with these when the walrus approaches a target from the water from long range. I think maybe the solver returns a firing solution so it fires, but there should not be a solution because the target is way out of range.

Both enemy and friendly walruses lob grenades at mantas, obviously they rarely hit.

It'd be great if no line of sight was required for the AI (both friendly and enemy) to fire grenades at contacts (indirect fire solution).

ROCKETS suggestions

Manta rockets are cool but the mouse sluggishness makes aiming a little challenging (meaning you can get more done with a sustained fire weapon like the Gatling or Laser). Maybe consider nerfing their damage by 50% and doubling their ammo count to 20 and cutting their firing cooldown in half.

BOMB suggestions

Just too expensive for what it does. The other weapons are too efficient at killing from a distance, basically nothing I would WANT to drop a bomb on is undefended enough to let the bomber even get through. Once all the defenses are taken out, usually it's easier to move in with Walruses or Mantas with Gatlings.

GATLING suggestions (Manta)

It could do a little more damage versus mantas. Maybe nerf its ammo count. It's just totally inferior to the laser.

GATLING suggestions (Walrus)

Somehow it's a well-rounded upgrade from the machine gun. Keep the ammo count or even extend to 1000.

QUAD GUNS (carrier, turret, and walrus)

Too strong against non-air targets. They frequently target ground targets (both walrus and carrier guns). Enemy carrier quad guns also fire at the player carrier and walruses, it seems.

DECK GUNS (plasma and shell)

Is there a reason the firing arc is so limited? Make it turn at least 270°, otherwise players have to turn the carrier an unreasonable amount of times.

The carrier should be allowed to be given a direct "attack target" order; and for the shell deck gun, there should be an indirect firing solution (so I could shell inland targets by clicking at them even without line of sight or a spotter).

Because there are so few line of sight situations (and visibility is often terribly low), the only targets one can ever attack with the deck plasma gun are maybe 1 building on every second island. The projectiles are so slow, it doesn't work against moving targets at all (even though it fires at enemy mantas). Maybe convert it into a laser gun?

The shell gun is slightly better, but you have to constantly spot with a manta and you have to re-target every time you switch cockpits. Indirect fire attack orders would solve this awesomely. The trajectory of the shells could be flatter (i.e. their velocity higher)

The deck gun could also profit from a much better zoom (the old carrier command had a great deck gun zoom, though its projectiles were also too slow and short ranged to be of any use).

Deck guns should have much less ammo (and it should maybe be produced instead of auto-restocked, and/or drain fuel). I think something like 50 to 100 shots instead of the 500 it has now. What good are 500 shots that you can never use, anyway?

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

I realize I missed the P&C beta. :P Hope you guys find some time for balancing out the weapons more. :-)

Edited by Thygrrr

I think that if auto aim is on then the aiming retical should turn yellow if your close and red if you will hit; ) also a good way to let the player know if they are in range of the target.