Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

[CAMP] Ghost Recon: Desert Siege - Coop Tournament

I think that it's only fair that I complete the trilogy but I'm going to try something a little different this time.

I have had some support for my Coop Tournament and in this thread and in the glory days of Ghost Recon they were a big success. I will realise my dream and bring the same to Arma series this year.

So this will be a Coop Campaign with a point scoring system which teams can sign up to compete in to see who the great Coop teams of the Arma2 series are.

More to come but I have done tests on the point scoring system already and have begun work on the first mission.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

to create the suspense I plan to host all of these missions through a website with a pre-mission brief similar to this sample - still progressing on the mission sample - trying to get it as professional as possible including developing a Briefings Page which teams can study prior to insertion. i think i will create a new thread for the mission brief.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Mission Briefing WIP - (trying to get the format right here - feel free to comment on possible changes/improvements)

---------

Time: 06:00

Date: 10 January 2012

Weather Conditions: Clear

Mission CodeName: Crocodile Feather

Conflict Background:Welcome to Africa gentlemen - certainly makes a change from the European winter of Podagorsk. You better get used to the heat, sweat and dust quickly too because we're going to be here for a while. As you know, the Molation army declared war on Afrene amost 12 months ago and after fierce fighting along the borders the Molatian forces have gradually established a foothold in the small nation to the south. The United Nations strongly condemned the actions of Molatia and deployed a peacekeeping force to the region in an attempt to minimise the violence and protect the locals. This included setting up a refugee camp in the heart of Afrene as a safe haven for displaced civilians. Three days ago, Molation General Adongo Azubuike marched on the camp and slaughtered several hundred civilians including women and children. Twelve UN Peacekeepers were also killed trying to protect the camp. Yesterday, General Adongo spoke to his forces and demanded that they follow his lead and cleanse Afrene of all natives. It's going to be a blood bath if we don't act now and that is why you have been called here today.

Mission Overview:Currently, the West has no presence in Afrene and Molatian forces have secured the main city of Kinsella, most surrounding towns and all air and sea ports in the region. They also have a formidable air defence comprised predominantly of Russian Mig's. This does not leave us many options for establishing a base of operations in Afrene. Your primary objective is to secure Aeroporto Tasmera located in the sth-east of Afrene and prepare the way for the rest of the troops. To achieve this you will insert by zodiac at dawn along the lightly patrolled coastline, carry out recon, and ultimately, secure the airport.

Mission Objectives:

Primary:

1. Secure Airport

Secondary:

1. Disable Outpost Communications

2. Destroy Anti-Aircraft Unit

Here is a map of the AO detailing your insertion and objectives for the mission.

mapview.th.jpg

There are several small buildings, two aircraft hangars and a control tower located at the airfield. Make sure you clear all of these areas of opfor. We have also spotted an enemy chopper parked on the base which could become a serious threat to your mission if it gets airborne - you are clear to destroy this vehicle and any others deemed to be a threat to your primary objective.

airportaerial.th.jpg

Situated south of the airport is a small Molatian military outpost which is home to about a dozen opfor units. Inside the base is a communications tower which will be used to call in reinforcements if things go hot at the airport. You are advised to disable the comms tower and eliminate any enemy units before assaulting the airport.

aerialoutpost.th.jpg

Aerial surveillance has also detected a Shilka Anti-Aircraft unit sth-east of the airport. You will need to destroy this unit which will enable us to send in our troops by air once you have secured the airport. It is lightly protected by several 3-4 man squads which are patrolling the sth-eastern district.

aerialshilka.th.jpg

General Information:

9-man Spec Ops team codename Zulu-1 will insert.

Pre-assigned weapons plus ammobox with limited additional weapons available.

Vanilla Arma2 (at this stage)

Revives (medic only - 8 revives??) + Team Leader (2 Revives???) - this is likely to be reduced to max 4 or 5 revives.

The AO consists of a number of waterways interspersed between a number of small hills. The hills should enable your team to carry out effective recon of the AO. The waterways should enable the team to infiltrate effectively while maintaining stealth.

aerialwaterways.th.jpg

Enemy Strength:

Airport:

Infantry - multiple 3-4 man patrols (max 12 units).

SA.34MT Gazelle Helicopter (grounded) - possible air threat.

Outpost: (sth of airport)

Infantry (max 12 units including fixed guns).

Possible vehicle with mounted gun.

Known Target: Shilka (sth-east of airport)

Additional:

Confirmed: Several 3-4 man Infantry Patrols - east/sth-east of airport (max 12 units).

Possible: Reinforcements from towns Ursana and Kirabo.

Priority Arms Requirements:

MAAWS (2 rounds)

Democharges (1 round)

Special Mission Requirements:

nil.

Emergency Evac Details:

Mission Compromised: Extraction by zodiac to the east.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

(for those of you hoping for an update to Island Thunder I felt that the small amount to be gained from fixing some of the missions that need update would be far better spent moving on to this new campaign and I don't have nearly as many hours to write missions these days)

(and yes this will eventually be SP :))

Have chosen Dingor for this campaign but will likely include multiple maps.

and the TF86 skins.

[/color](for those of you hoping for an update to Island Thunder I felt that the small amount to be gained from fixing some of the missions that need update would be far better spent moving on to this new campaign and I don't have nearly as many hours to write missions these days)

(and yes this will eventually be SP :))

Count me as "those of you", I'm gutted to hear this. Is there any easy fixes to get your Island Thunder campaign working with Icebreaker's latest version of Lingor. I've never done any mission editing so be gentle ;)

wow Lightspeed! try again. Hope you come by AlphaSquad and post about it. Also PXS should be interested.

This sounds really cool, though I've rarely done any co-op outside of Tour of Teamrespawn, I'm always fascinated by how much co-op is out there, yet I never see how people play it unless it's tailored for a specific niche group in the community. Forgive my ignorance in this matter if I'm not seeing the whole picture - I get your idea and why you want it to be co-op, sounds like a cool experience... but is there any plans for this to become SP-compatible? :cool:

once i complete the coop side of things and host tournament i would convert it to SP so you can all see what you missed out on :)

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

wow Lightspeed! try again. Hope you come by AlphaSquad and post about it. Also PXS should be interested.

i will for sure - hopefully they might join in.

Is there any easy fixes to get your Island Thunder campaign working with Icebreaker's latest version of Lingor.

most missions are fine - just the air crew rescue and mission 8 need a fix.

most missions are fine - just the air crew rescue and mission 8 need a fix.

Is the fix complicated? If not, please tell me and I will try and fix it myself. The reason is that I love the Lingor map, GR series and coop campaigns.

got mission 1 almost completed - scores all working just have to implement ACE2 wounding and it's to be beta-tested by Legion of Sparta.

also close to completion of second and third missions.

using the TF86 Seals for this - beautiful characters.

Operation: Desert Siege

Mission: DS_01 Burning Sands

Date: 06 December 2012

Time: 0430 hours

Location: Sth-West Dingor. Dry ground. Limited cover and concealment.

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/6889/ds01map.jpg (178 kB)

Weather Conditions Clear; full moon; daybreak @ 0530.

1. Situation:

Welcome to the Jewel of Africa, Task Force Scorpion, this is Dingor Island. Rich in oil, diamonds and tourism and positioned right on the edge of one of the world's busiest shipping lanes, she is the envy of many African neighbours. It's no surprise given the success the Molatians have had in Afrenia, that they have launched a successful invasion from the east into Dingor. This time the international community isn't going to stand back and watch and we are launching Operation Desert Siege as of 0800 hours this morning with the key objectives to starve the Molatians of supplies and reinforcements and to drive them off the island.

In order to leave some kind of infrastructure intact, the Dingor government has requested that we try to preserve as much of the local architecture as possible. This means two things: firstly, we will not be launching air and missile strikes against enemy forces on the ground, and secondly, your unit is going to be getting your hands dirty a lot on this assignment.

2. Primary Objective:

Establish a base of operations on the south-western shores of the island. You will initiate a landing by zodiac in the early hours of morning with your primary objective to secure a compound on the high ground at Villa Altana.

http://imageshack.us/a/img840/2539/ds01compound.jpg (127 kB)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. Secondary Objectives:

(i) Neutralise a Coast Guard situated west of your insertion zone to clear the way for reinforcements who will advance on the AO when your objectives are complete.

(ii) Destroy a radio transmitter located east of your insertion in the town of Medlina.

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/2540/ds01radiotower.jpg (125 kB)

(iii) Secure a second road block and destroy a BMP based in Alma located nth-west of Villa Altana.

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/3071/ds01bmp.jpg (125 kB)

4. Enemy Capabilities

Molatian forces comprising 3-4 man patrols and defensive units protecting key assets; estimate 35-45 units.

Arms/Supplies: AK47, AKM, AK74-GL, PK, RPG.

Vehicles: 1xBMP; 2-3xTechnicals.

5. Friendly Forces

TF Scorpion - 8 units - DCU gear

Support: Nil

Civilians: None detected - proceed with caution

Arms required: 2xDemolition Charges; 1xMAAWS

Medic only heal x 8 - (ACE2 wounding system not currently implemented)

6. Command & Signal

Central Command callsign Eagle One.

Task Force callsign Scorpion

Ending Mission - Radio Eagle One when ready to end mission and earn points.

Required Add-Ons:

Lingor Island

Dingor Island

TF86 units

not ACE2 currently (to be implemented in future with ACE Wounding System).

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

second mission is ready for beta testing and i should have a new website up shortly to host this tournament and a future coop league.

exciting times.