Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Howto play original CC in DosBox? (No sound, no mouse here)

Hi guys,

I've downloaded CC from http://www.xtcabandonware.com/download.php?id=209&f=games_0_d/carriercommand.zip and DosBox from Sourceforge. Then I started Dosbox and mounted the Carriercommand directory with "mount c: c:\cc\" - which worked. Then "c:" followed by "carrier".

The game starts, but mouse does not move. I read about "ctrl+f10", well in fullscreen a black mouse appears, but is not functional. Anybody been able to play CC in Dosbox?

Also, no sound is coming out of my speakers.

TIA

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

OK, mouse problem resolved. You have to set the mouse as input device INGAME. Hopefully settings are stored over the Dosbox sessions...

Still not knowing how I can make it emit sounds...

EDIT: Oh, there is also sound!

The only remaining question: How can I have it preserve settings? I always have to reconfigure it for the mouse.

Edited by tortuosit

PC version had crappy sounds, but the mouse should work, the amiga version is better but its difficult getting the amiga os roms.

Try getting it from another site.

Hmmm, I found http://www.thehouseofgames.net/index.php?t=10&id=38 - but the DOS download is the same as above. The site also has Amiga etc. images, but I have no clue about how to run those.

I still think the DOS CC should save mouse settings. Maybe in the carrier.dat file? But it doesn't. Hmmmmmm....

When I made a video I tried the dos version, and now I remember you have to enable the mouse in-game, run game and look in the options.

Yes, but as I said I found it out. Just it does not store the mouse settings. Did you have to enable mouse support at every game start?

Yes, but as I said I found it out. Just it does not store the mouse settings. Did you have to enable mouse support at every game start?

I run it with the parameters ::::: /c3 /i3 /v3 and the mouse runs fine straight from go !!!

G

Great, that's the way to go: it works.

Another question: Do you have an idea if I can invert the vertical orientation of the mouse?

Edited by tortuosit

Use D-Fend Reloaded - you can save all your game settings separately and they'll load automatically each time you run the game - much easier!

Great, that's the way to go: it works.

Another question: Do you have an idea if I can invert the vertical orientation of the mouse?

In the options menu, select the joystick-like tab on the left. In the list should be 2 options:

Invert vertical control, and

Invert aircraft vertical control

Thanks Martin, but the thread is about Carrier Command for DOS :)

Thanks Martin, but the thread is about Carrier Command for DOS :)

Oops :)