Sign in to follow this  
abs

Mount & Blade: The Napoleonic Wars

uD5J5LEBVCk

Has anybody played this? Is it as fun as this video makes it out to be?

Abs

i play m&B Napoleonic Wars every day, as well as the original i play m&b warband a GREAT underrated game, everyone was in their dark ages of call of duty 2007/8/9/... ;)

[YOUTUBE]uD5J5LEBVCk[YOUTUBE]

Has anybody played this? Is it as fun as this video makes it out to be?

Abs

Thats hilarious.

Mount and Blade was an unknown jewel, now if I were you I would buy both games, the expansion and the original one, and fill it with mods, and play it like a madman

@Video: LOL! Yep, there are some crazy wanks like that but I wouldn't say thats the 'standard' game experience. Find a clan that you like and just ask to join their Teamspeak and you'll have some good times. :bounce3:

Be warned, there are alot of ex-Warband pro players disguised as buffoons in Napoleon so don't be discouraged if they rape you with that flute.

Napoleonic also started out as a free mod before it went to become a multi player only expansion.

But knowing Warband i can only think of proper MP (quite like in the video) in a very closed door fashion, with preset rules of engagements between the guys who take part.

It doesn´t have the classic SP RPG mode afaik.

Picking up the full Mount&Blade package on steam as soon as it´s on sale again is a bargain that´ll keep you playing/modding for a long time!

1866 is funnest gun involving mod i´ve found so far.

The Last Days mod is very recommendable too.

It´s totally changed currency system will keep you from grinding to top gear in about 1-2 days, and tons of new armour & units makes it even better.

I played the original and did not care for it. I couldn't stand the "mount" part, and foot battles almost never happened. A cool idea though. I'd like it more if you could control which kind of fight it would be.

I played the original and did not care for it. I couldn't stand the "mount" part, and foot battles almost never happened. A cool idea though. I'd like it more if you could control which kind of fight it would be.

You haven't played the mods, don't you?

Mods like Expanded Gameplay 3 or The Eagle and the Radiant Cross expands the game to a footsoldier level to a much greater scale, also mods like Brytenwalda focuses almost entirely in battles on foot