Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95883 (1.62 MP build)

The direction these betas are going is how Rocket says they should be going, and getting what he wants/needs for his Project. You can't call me a liar. These BETA's only started and picked up traffic due to DayZ, and each fix or addition has been due to DayZ , or related to a DayZ item in some way or another. Very few things are "ARMA" focused.

BiS is on a high horse with DayZ right now, and slowly forgetting their hardcore fans, instead, catering now to casuals and new comers. Its a dark road BIS is taking.

Thats where this beta feedback is coming from. Its not from us, I guarantee you that. Especially this "shows better connected servers" crap. That just screams DayZ and server companies getting angry.

Some bad decisions are taking place, and I slowly see it getting worse and worse.

So how is that diatribe in any way related to performance and stability on your games machine? You would have a better audience posting this somewhere else. I read (and occasionally) participate in this thread to find out about improvements to the game, not to have to read opinions on unrelated material.

If you're going to post, please make it about running the beta patch.

If you're going to post, please make it about running the beta patch.

This thread has lost a lot of "competent " reporters and especially after 1.60 patch ... some were less patient and've left long time ago.

The best era of beta patches was the one which brought the game from 1.59 to 1.60,real changes were made a that time !

Now,it's has become a bit "disturbing" to post feedback on beta patches since changelogs come out with things out of reporters expectations ! (i.e : people reporting LOD issues and BIS works on server browser)

Maybe it's time to play tetris and wait for ArmA 3 (which i will gladly buy anyway)

And concerning this beta :

Apparently,now the browser checks also mods you have activated and shows only servers that have them enabled ... but when i try to look for a keyword in the filter it's not working unless i disable the mod.

Also,some servers make some mods optional ,so when you have those mods enabled they may not show ! since you can connect without them !

AI can still detect from the outside who (faction/side) is sitting - for AI not visible - inside vehicles - just use a MBT, IFV, APC and drive around. Imo better "AI attacks own side/faction vehicles" solution would be:

• if AI has LOS on hostile/opponent crew/passengers (visual ID) or
  • if the vehicle starts firing and/or driving over own units (action ID) or
  • implement a noticeable radio call/feedback for crew/passengers identification and verification (communication ID)