Sign in to follow this  
Ringosis

Sell a multiplayer only version of the DLCs

I've been wanting the get the DLCs for about a year now, but I can just never justify. I have no interest at all in the DLC campaigns or missions, all I want them for is the textures for the units in multiplayer. Everytime I go to look at them I just can't get over the fact that I'm effectively looking at paying £15 for better textures on a couple of units you rarely see. So my suggestion would be, how about selling just the textures for a knockdown price? Like say £3 per DLC.

I'm not a DayZ player but I'm almost certain there are thousands of DayZ players out there who have absolutely no interest in the Private Military Company campaign and wouldn't consider buying it, but would quite happily fork out a few bucks for a higher res survivor skin. I think it would be quite a good earner for BIS.

Yeah that's a good idea indeed. Let's have even more packages to choose from. If you take a look around, people already are confused by the many different packages around and what to get.

The 15 bucks are a very fair price, considering that for that price you get just a gun or two in other games.

its eventually out after Arma3 released, just like BIS did for Arma2 vanilla, after OA, CO, and RFT released.

so it would be Reinforcement Lite or thing kinda like it.

what is more disturbing me is BIS lack of control on activation/registering it. so IMO, "Free" version shouldn't be able be registered on-the-fly by someone/online identity with [detected/verified/monitored]online/activity time of life less than month or so, it remaining ABSOLYTELY free economically, remain somewhat valuable for [potential]cheaters.

and im also suggested to turn down Arma2 Free from original state 2 such approach, by releasing [mandatory] 1.12 patch, designed SOLELY for this prupose.

I support this Idea wholeheartedly. I've been looking at smudgy textures for too long now! I'm never gonna play the story mode of either DLC. So why not sell me(and hundreds of thousands of others) a "DayZ model texture pack" for 5 bucks?

I support this Idea wholeheartedly. I've been looking at smudgy textures for too long now! I'm never gonna play the story mode of either DLC. So why not sell me(and hundreds of thousands of others) a "DayZ model texture pack" for 5 bucks?

Because you can/will get a full featured stand alone DayZ in the future and therefor the effort isn't worth it?

Hello there

The DLC's are damn cheap in comparison to some others I can name.

But, just remember you do have a vast amount of gaming in CO and IMHO it's a shame to miss out on all the other content that's available.

For eg Toxic's Wasteland which is essentially Dayz without zombies and with a massive emphasis on a 3 way battle (with lone bandits). They make extensive. Use of the DLC's It really isnt just one or two hi res skins.

and that's just scraping the surface.

Lingor for example adds a vast amount to Dayz, even if it's unofficial, and that's just one island.

The DLC's offer vehicles, weapons, missions, mini campaigns etc etc.

You really are missing out when "just" playing the Dayz experience.

If the thought of multiple mods intimidates you try Project Reality, which is easy-peasy to get up and running.

Rgds

LoK