Sign in to follow this  
sKum

How to block/disable 3rd Party Mod's on my server?

Hi im hosting a 30 player server but there are always players exploiting my multiplayer games

with Loki's lost key addon/mod to spawn vehicles, giant explosions and teleport.

How can I protect my server against players with 3rd party Mods/Addons so they get blocked

from using any addons besides the ones the server uses?

They spoil all the fun by spawning vehicles in my dynamic zombie box mod I use

were players have to build a base to protect them from zombiewaves and other players

without using helicopters or artillery, and yet players exploit it by destroying those

bases using 3rd party mods such as Loki's lost key.

Greets

thanks ill check if it works

Moved to ARMA 2 & OA - Servers & Administration, fits better there.

verifySignatures = 2; or verifySignatures = 1;

Are the normal way to control what mods/addons YOU will allow clients to use on your server. They will only be able to join with mods corresponding to the keys you have put in your servers "Keys" folder.

If you choose to use equalModRequired = 1; be aware that all clients need to have excactly the same addons as the server - no less and no more addons. This method are more rarly used as most mods are client only.

Dorph;2196713']verifySignatures = 2; or verifySignatures = 1;

Are the normal way to control what mods/addons YOU will allow clients to use on your server. They will only be able to join with mods corresponding to the keys you have put in your servers "Keys" folder.

If you choose to use equalModRequired = 1; be aware that all clients need to have excactly the same addons as the server - no less and no more addons. This method are more rarly used as most mods are client only.

okay thanks I was just looking on my ftp and I only use 2 keys , bi.bikey and bi2.bikey

the "loki lost key" exploiters dont use a key for the loki mod but the mod itself requires

the "community base addons" addon which uses the cba_b179.bikey

so practicly if i put verifySignatures = 2; they can only use my 2 bikeys?

and the cba_b179.bikey will then be restricted since the server doesnt use it

players can only join with pbos that have signatures for keys on the server

ideally create own signatures for all addons You want approve on server, thus nobody w/o them can join ..