dslyecxi

ShackTac ACRE Volume Control

Hello. Sorry I don't know the Microsoft Driver Software. Can't help you on it.

You don't like the "first" sample solution?

Not really, as I find it handy to be able to right-click to cancel the action menu, rather than reach for the backspace key. Maybe I've misunderstood though as I have three extra mouse buttons, which I use for 1) Capslock or Insert (for VON or Teamspeak depending on what server I'm on), 2) Direct Channel and 3) to trigger VAC (Voice Assisted Commands), so I don't have any spare buttons left. If I can still use button 2/Direct Channel to cancel the action menu though, I can use that instead of RMB. I tend to use MMB, not LMB, for "Select Action" anyway, to avoid accidentally firing my gun, so it's not a problem unbinding that from LMB.

I'm similarly not keen on niv's AHK script as I like to use the MMB scroll to navigate the Action menu and holding down MMB whilst scrolling is a bit awkward. I think I also can't use Num3 as I need the Numpad mapped to my stick to look around when flying (need to sort out my Freetrack clip sometime!)

As you say, using two Macro keys is a bit fiddly. Perhaps it's possible to make an AHK script that makes the scroll wheel control st_acre volume only whilst holding one of my Macro keys though.

That AHK script is trivially changed to swap it's button-down use and no-button function by inverting the check in ln 33. I wanted acre_vol to be the default without holding the mouse button since I'm using it way more than the action menu. You can also easily change numpad3 to be anything you want, you just need to update the reference on ln 40, 44.

That AHK script is trivially changed to swap it's button-down use and no-button function by inverting the check in ln 33. I wanted acre_vol to be the default without holding the mouse button since I'm using it way more than the action menu. You can also easily change numpad3 to be anything you want, you just need to update the reference on ln 40, 44.

Thanks, although I find scrolling for anything whilst holding MMB to be rather awkward but I'll try it out as it might be OK for st_acre which doesn't need to be as precise as scrolling the Action Menu. So if I have Direct Channel on the default ` I can just change numpad3 to that in the script?

Yes. I don't remember the keycode offhand but you can just use AHK itself to determine it - run the AHK script, press the key and check the log window from the tray. Should be something like scNNN.

Please report back if you're having any problems with it and I'll see about fixing it. I have only tested it on my own setup.

As it seems you don't understand how I have set up my key. I'll be a bit more precise here.

I'm playing with a Logitech G13 "keyboard".

My St_Acre_Volume key is on my left thumb "ministick". With the Script. So it's absolutely perfect and on the fly.

When playing on a normal keyboard. (Razer Anansi :cool:).

Here is how I setted up my ACRE action. I'm on Azerty. Using ZQSD.

CTRL+CAPS to switch Radio. //CTRL is my turbo key. So I don't sprint if I don't press Z at the same time.

CTRL+MAJ+CAPS to open the selected radio. // MAJ is my key to alternate run/walk. CAPS is set up on "Return" and "Direct Channel".

CAPS to use St_Acre_Volume (Direct Channel) + Return + Activate V.A capture profile

V to use Radio

V is usualy on "jump over". Just bind it on 2XAlt. So you jump and at the same time enable "look". When Releasing ALT it come back to center. :cool:

Unbind freelook from 2xalt.

So with this you should be able to fully use ACRE while fighting. Driving or flying even with Keyboard and mouse.

And you SHOULD unbind mouse left and right from "selected action" and "return" So you can manage AI while fighting. To return just press CAPS..

0 annoying keybind conflict.

Isn't that cool? :yay:

Edited by hon0

Yes. I don't remember the keycode offhand but you can just use AHK itself to determine it - run the AHK script, press the key and check the log window from the tray. Should be something like scNNN.

Please report back if you're having any problems with it and I'll see about fixing it. I have only tested it on my own setup.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

As it seems you don't understand how I have set up my key. I'll be a bit more precise here.

I'm playing with a Logitech G13 "keyboard".

My St_Acre_Volume key is on my left thumb "ministick". With the Script. So it's absolutely perfect and on the fly.

When playing on a normal keyboard. (Razer Anansi :cool:).

Here is how I setted up my ACRE action. I'm on Azerty. Using ZQSD.

CTRL+CAPS to switch Radio. //CTRL is my turbo key. So I don't sprint if I don't press Z at the same time.

CTRL+MAJ+CAPS to open the selected radio. // MAJ is my key to alternate run/walk. CAPS is set up on "Return" and "Direct Channel".

CAPS to use St_Acre_Volume (Direct Channel) + Return + Activate V.A capture profile

V to use Radio

V is usualy on "jump over". Just bind it on 2XAlt. So you jump and at the same time enable free look. When Releasing ALT it come back to center. :cool:

So with this you should be able to fully use ACRE while fighting. Driving or flying even with Keyboard and mouse.

And you SHOULD unbind mouse left and right from "selected action" and "return" So you can manage AI while fighting. To return just press CAPS..

0 annoying keybind conflict.

Isn't that cool? :yay:

Thanks for explaining in more detail. I'll have to try and get my head round how I could adapt this to my keys as a) I currently use Ctrl for Hold Breath (didn't like it always doing it when holding RMB), b) I've already re-mapped V to compass and K to jump over. I like the idea of having jump over on 2xAlt though, as that's only used for freelook otherwise but K's not much use for Acre Radio as it's hard to reach (I could use a Macro key though), c) I don't really want to change Caps from VON as sometimes I play on VON servers, sometimes on TS and sometimes on Acre and I don't want to have to keep changing my key config, mouse/keyboard/joystick mappings, so I really need to keep Caps as VON and then a separate, unused, key for TS and another for Acre.

So I think what I should try is

1) remap step-over to 2xAlt, freeing up K. I think 2xAlt is currently Toggle Freelook but I can live without that (it's probably better actually, as sometimes I accidentally toggle Freelook or don't untoggle it properly and it can get confusing).

2) use Alt (only used for freelook) + ` (default Direct Channel key) to Switch Radio. I can map this to Macro Key S1 or, as I already have one of my mouse buttons assigned to `, just hold Win and click that.

3) use Alt + Shift (my run/walk key) + ` (mapped to Macro Key S2) to open the selected radio. Again I could hold Alt+Shift and click my mouse button for this.

4) ` (on my mouse button) to use St_Acre_Volume (Direct Channel) + Return (and unmap Return from RMB)

5) K (mapped to Macro Key S3, which is the easiest to reach with my hand on WSAD) to use Radio. I think I also unmapped Home and End as they were mapped to turn left/right or something, which I didn't see much use for, so I could use one of those instead of K.

I'm currently using a mouse button mapped to Insert for TS and another mapped to ` for Direct Channel and Caps is easy to reach on the keyboard, so with Macro Key S3 (mapped to K) for Acre Radio, that would seem to put all the controls in easy reach without having to change settings depending on the server.

Ach, ArmA can be annoying with keys. It seems I can't use K for the ACRE radio as Shift+K to check the wind in ACE also triggers the radio, so I'll try changing it to Home, End, Insert or Delete which I don't think are used for anything, although I'll have to check the ACE keys.

Home is used for the DAGR popup. Don't know about the others, but you can use any numpad numeric as long as you unbind them from View Left/Right/Up/etc, which noone uses I suspect

Home is used for the DAGR popup. Don't know about the others, but you can use any numpad numeric as long as you unbind them from View Left/Right/Up/etc, which noone uses I suspect

Thanks for the warning. I've set it to End for now which will hopefully be OK.

I do use the numpad, mapped to my sticks HAT switch, for looking around when flying. I'm working on getting Freetrack setup after which I won't need to use them but until then I do and I imagine there's plenty of players with Freetrack/TrackIR.

I binded the "wind check" on the same key I use for "St_Acre_Volume". Verry ergonomic. No conflict.

I binded the "wind check" on the same key I use for "St_Acre_Volume". Verry ergonomic. No conflict.

Is the St_Acre_Volume key user-selectable or is it fixed to ` or whatever the Direct Channel key is set to? I guess I could set Wind Check in ACE to ` as well though.

It's fixed on direct channel. The thing you'll never use together with ACRE.

This is a neat idea, however even with this it's almost impossible to communicate without radios. The shout is just too weak. Even in-game direct chat VOIP is way more loud and clear. Is there anything this mod can do to handle this or is it something that needs to be done on the ACRE side of things?

This is a neat idea, however even with this it's almost impossible to communicate without radios. The shout is just too weak. Even in-game direct chat VOIP is way more loud and clear. Is there anything this mod can do to handle this or is it something that needs to be done on the ACRE side of things?

+1

It will be great to have a stronger shout.. the whisper is just perfect.

Not sure if people still read this thread, but just in case: what happens if the server has this mod installed but only some players? Do those players without Volume Control have any effect (i.e. they hear the voices of those using the mod more or less loudly), do they hear others as if no one was using Volume Control, or does anything else happen?