Sign in to follow this  
Mohamz

Bis, what did you do to the sound in 1.60?

It's wonderful!

How did you manage to solve the problem?

I have a Sound Blaster Live! and I no longer hear footsteps from far away.

I tried in 1.60 Desert Ambush and I don't hear the engines of the convoy from kilometers away, and I don't hear the footsteps of the soldiers patroling in the woods like I did before.

I tried it many times, nothing just the silence of the desert!!!

I though it were the new SBLive drivers, that I installed recently but I tried the normal(1.46) OFP and I heard them again.

So it's your work here!

Great job!

A big thank you from an OFP-fan!

I'm not complaining here, I'm thanking BIS for it, since it was annoying!

Also I did't change the setting between 1.46 and 1.60, they are running both with the same sound settings.

Bis mentioned in another thread how they came up with some kind of semi-fix for it smile.gif

Creative's drivers don't support sound ramping properly, so Suma and the crew worked around it.

I actually find the sound of tanks and other vehicles to be too quiet in V1.60, they can now sneak up on you before you hear them.

Hmm, im a bit concerned about this.

In reality, you would hear a tank, helicopter or airplane from a very far distance, if the sound has been editted to cut down

the range of the sound, it will take away from it a lot I think.

Satchel's Dynamic Range soundpack really seemed to improve the sound distance of tanks. When I went back to the original sounds to compare, I was shocked to find that I could clearly see tanks and other vechicles a mere few hundred metres away and in absolute silence - it was baaaaaaad....

BAM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BAM @ June 23 2002,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, im a bit concerned about this.

In reality, you would hear a tank, helicopter or airplane from a very far distance, if the sound has been editted to cut down

the range of the sound, it will take away from it a lot I think...

BAM.<span id='postcolor'>

No we are speaking here about a bug that exist(ed) with the SB-Live under XP(I think).

Where you can hear footsteps from far away too...

Btw,

where can I find a list of all changes in these MP-tests?

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 24 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where can I find a list of all changes in these MP-tests?<span id='postcolor'>

You cannot. It is confidential. We will probably make it public soem time after Resistance is out.

Will I then spread confidential information if I say here that

The AI can now crouch? wink.gif

Wow, that spetznaz crouching before killing me, great!!!