Sign in to follow this  
Prof.Wizard

A-10 gatling gun: underpowered

ugggh i read this whole thread, got pumped up to type a huge respone with tons of facts, only yo come to teh last page and find out its over confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 24 2002,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 24 2002,04wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ June 24 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> That gun can rip up anything, and can (I still maintain) destroy a tank with one shot, if placed right.<span id='postcolor'>

Of course and one american soldier can kill 1000 enemyes.

Read more crazy tom clancy  <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Buddy 1 penitrating hit from the GAU-8 is all that is needed. The heat generated from the kinetic energy raises the tempurature inside the hull to a few hundred degrees C, plus the inside of the armour will spall. This shrapnel inside a confined space such as a turret will shred the crew as they are cooked by the heat.

The 30mm will not penitrate the frontal armour, but being an aircraft it will hit the top and the back. No MBT can carry enough armour to protect itself from every angle b/c it will weigh too much. That's what makes the Avenger so effective.

As for the Clancy comment. Yes he is a fiction writer, but he does have exstensive realworld knowladge. Back up your comment. What has he written that is so wrong. Also name 1 modern conflict where eastern weapons outperformed western.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

1 modern conflict? lets see, the eastern weapons were being used by individuals that did not have the level of training that ones using the western ones were. I can kill someone using a rock if he has a handgun if Ive had more training then him. I just felt like brining this up because its kind of absurb to say something like that.

its only over for you because I made a valid point wink.gif

anyways go here, 3/4ths down the page you should find an a-10 pack, I downloaded it and tested the mg and it seems to take tanks out faster.

Thank you, Eviscerator. The page Murder linked me to (which is the one everyone links me to) said nothing about an A-10 by Aaron Ash.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ July 12 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you, Eviscerator.  The page Murder linked me to (which is the one everyone links me to) said nothing about an A-10 by Aaron Ash.<span id='postcolor'>

well since no one at the time was able to find it for you, and you said you wanted a much more powerful gat gun then I refered you to that page, sorry for trying to help sad.gif

Oh boy, why resurrect such an old thread ? I was just getting over the intense seizures of laugh from reading Kermit's ".50 caliber can destroy an MBT" post.

He should really team up with that other fella, what was his name, ah yes Flyboy. I can see them on the news now, "Two American GIs destroy 120 Iraqui tanks with sniper rifles"

well, since BIS managed to add the adjustment, i think we can close this topic on happy notes, since it is no longer relevant. smile.gif