Sign in to follow this  
domokun

How to check my RPT log?

After months of tinkering with countless mods, OA seems to be approaching gaming nirvana.

So I thought that it was now time for me to check the side-effects of all these pbos.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything is seriously wrong with my copy of OA - it practically never crashes (once or twice in 2 years) and performance seems fine.

But I'm just curious.

So how do I analyse my RPT log?

Your rpt is extremely long. To make it easier, i suggest you delete the file and run your ArmA 2 once. The .rpt will be newly created, then post this new version and we can look in it.

Just as info: not only error or bugs are reported but alse regular status messages which only says "addon XY works as intended".

OK thanks mate.

I'll try that when I get home tonight.

OK I deleted my arma2OA.rpt and run OA as you suggested and now there's nothing there, i.e. after quitting OA there's no arma2OA.rpt...

Does this mean I have no errors or did I do something wrong?

OK I deleted my arma2OA.rpt and run OA as you suggested and now there's nothing there, i.e. after quitting OA there's no arma2OA.rpt...

Does this mean I have no errors or did I do something wrong?

Did you started with the same addons as before? How far did you go, ie. did your started a mission or the editor?

There were a few messages in the rpt that aren't bugs or errors but simply status reports so it should create a rpt even if there were no errors to report.

:EDITH:

Maybe a few hints what are normal/uncritical messages:

Item STR_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX listed twice

A entry is defined in more than one stringtable (translations). Might happen to fix translation errors in older versions if not the whole mod was updated.

Updating base class ->Plane, by thefew\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/

A addon/mod changes some values in a BI base class. Probably some tweaking/adjusting values to be more realistic or whatever the addonmaker has intended.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Yes I started with exactly the same addons (didn't touch my folders, nor my shortcut's target line).

I started a mission and played for about 30 minutes (TPW's AIS is great fun!).

Maybe I need to delete the arma2.rpt as well?

Aye, try to delete this aswell. Deleting .rpt files is uncritical and should be done anyway from time to time. If ArmA 2 has something to report it will (should) create a new .rpt file.

OK I deleted my arma2.rpt, started the game, played a quick (10-min) mission and exited out but no sign of my RPTs

Both arma2.rpt and arma2OA.rpt are now absent.

WTF?

Really odd. Could you post the exact path where the previous files were? Actually i'm as clueless as you.

Hi domukun

Might be worth searching C:\ for *.rpt.

My Arma2 & Arma2OA rpt files used to be in C:\Documents and Settings\Orcinus\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA; after removing the original installations & installing Arma X, they are now in C:\Documents and Settings\Orcinus\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA (I got quite confused when my shortcut kept opening the same out-of-date Arma2OA.RPT despite seeing occasional errors in-game).