Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94997 (1.61 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21993853/ARMA2_OA_Build_94997.zip

[94989] Fixed: PlayerID issues like players kicked when kickDuplicate set

+ some other fixes

* shall be playable for most users now (or all)

BattlEye status: ... supported ...

WARNING:

Install either: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21983321/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe

or make sure you update your BEclient.dll / BEserver manually to 1.61 builds http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Edited by Dwarden

Please update RCon?? So we admins can see peoples chat in rcon again. It worked a few beta patches back, but since 1 week its not working anymore!

Please update RCon?? So we admins can see peoples chat in rcon again. It worked a few beta patches back, but since 1 week its not working anymore!

erm You sure? i just using BE RCON and it works fine for me with this build ...

but what i see are some random lines or certain chat types to be empty lines ... will look into it

Edited by Dwarden

REQUEST :

all who have BAD Player Name issue (you kicked off server with that message)

can You please post

1. Your distribution (STEAM/retail/BI store etc) and game type (OA+A2/RFT/AX:AE/A2:CO etc)

2. Your Windows OS

3. path to Your %username%.ARMA2OAprofile file (e.g. active one of mine is C:\Users\Dwarden\Documents\ArmA 2\Dwarden.ArmA2OAProfile )

4. be ready to get touch with us when we need more details :)

erm You sure? i just using BE RCON and it works fine for me with this build ...

but what i see are some random lines or certain chat types to be empty lines ... will look into it

Ok, thanks. Its working now again i wanted to say. I skipped 94945 and was using 94876 the last few days.

@Dwarden

i was kicked from my own server when i joined 1st due bad player Name, then reconnected and working fine then. I thought it was from BEC.

REQUEST :

can You please post

1. Your distribution (STEAM/retail/BI store etc) and game type (OA+A2/RFT/AX:AE/A2:CO etc)

2. Your Windows OS

3. path to Your %username%.ARMA2OAprofile file (e.g. active one of mine is C:\Users\Dwarden\Documents\ArmA 2\Dwarden.ArmA2OAProfile )

I am being kicked for BAD PLAYER NAME after updating to 94997. I have tried updating BattlEye with the updater linked on this forum, same problme.

1. STEAM Combined Ops + DAYZ

1a. I launch DAYZ and CO via ArmA II Launcher 1.4.0

2. Windows 7 64bit

3 D:\Users\beezel\Documents\ArmA 2\beezel.ArmA2OAProfile

Please contact me as soon as you can! Thanks,

beezel

I have noticed a bug with the HDR Aperature effect.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p597/SIDWULF/aperatureeffect1.jpg (224 kB)

aperatureeffect2.jpg

aperatureeffect3.jpg

Notice how extreme the light level changes are. This is standing in the same spot, taken at the same time but facing different directions.

Something is obviously not right here. It's eitheir a bug or the aperture effect is attempting to simulate pupil contraction very poorly by agressively darkening the scene.

Edited by SIDWULF

I have noticed a bug with the HDR Aperature effect.

Notice how extreme the light level changes are. This is standing in the same spot, taken at the same time but facing different directions.

Something is obviously not right here. I don't experience this effect in real life so it must be a bug?

I've noticed a similar effect during sundown while walking to Safeway once. I could hardly see while looking toward the sun and could see perfectly looking anywhere but. Its fairly realistic, though maybe a little overdone/slow in some cases. Just don't look at the sun. :rolleyes:

I've noticed a similar effect during sundown while walking to Safeway once. I could hardly see while looking toward the sun and could see perfectly looking anywhere but. Its fairly realistic, though maybe a little overdone/slow in some cases. Just don't look at the sun. :rolleyes:

It is way over-done then. I know the pupils contract in bright light but it certainley will not make the scene drastically darker. I stand outside my house, I look towards the sun that is low in the sky i then turn around and look behind me and there is hardly any change in brightness. I only see glare and shimmering when looking in the direction of the sun. No darkening of the scene.

The problem is that the HDR implementation takes into account all things on the screen, whereas it should be mostly using the center of your view to calculate. Otherwise you can have a tiny dot of sun in the very corner and get blinded all of a sudden.

REQUEST :

can You please post

2. Your Windows OS

I had this issue on my server(s). Fixed it for now by creating a new profile (1:1 copy&paste from the old profile, just changed the name to something longer)

1. ArmA 2 (Retail DVD) + Arrowhead (Sprocket) + BAF (Sprocket) + PMC (Sprocket)

2. Windows 7 x64

3. C:\Users\BTK\Documents\ArmA 2\BTK.ArmA2OAProfile

4. Sure.

More details:

- I do not get a kicked message at all.

- I do get stuck on either "Wait for Host" or "Joining game..."

- So I go back to server browser using ESC

- It takes about a minute until my ghost disconnects after that

Server log:

8:20:20 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.142)
8:20:22 Host identity created.
8:20:52 BTK uses modified data file
8:20:52 Player BTK connecting.
8:20:57 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ?.;?@=????????5??_	?z (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2304) connected
8:20:57 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ?.;?@=????????5??_	?z (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Bad Player Name
8:21:25 BTK uses modified data file
8:21:25 Player BTK (2) connecting.
8:21:34 Player BTK (2) disconnected.
8:22:27 Player BTK disconnected.
8:22:36 BTK uses modified data file
8:22:36 Player BTK connecting.
8:22:44 Player BTK disconnected.
8:22:59 BTK uses modified data file
8:22:59 Player BTK connecting.
8:23:03 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ??TzW???.]??P??0???¦C????? (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2304) connected
8:23:03 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ??TzW???.]??P??0???¦C????? (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Bad Player Name
8:24:33 Player BTK disconnected.
8:24:53 BTK uses modified data file
8:24:53 Player BTK connecting.
8:25:01 Player BTK disconnected.

Edited by sxp2high
More details

I had this issue on my server(s). Fixed it for now by creating a new profile (1:1 copy&paste from the old profile, just changed the name to something longer)

1. ArmA 2 (Retail DVD) + Arrowhead (Sprocket) + BAF (Sprocket) + PMC (Sprocket)

2. Windows 7 x64

3. C:\Users\BTK\Documents\ArmA 2\BTK.ArmA2OAProfile

4. Sure.

More details:

- I do not get a kicked message at all.

- I do get stuck on either "Wait for Host" or "Joining game..."

- So I go back to server browser using ESC

- It takes about a minute until my ghost disconnects after that

Server log:

8:20:20 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.142)
8:20:22 Host identity created.
8:20:52 BTK uses modified data file
8:20:52 Player BTK connecting.
8:20:57 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ?.;?@=????????5??_	?z (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2304) connected
8:20:57 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ?.;?@=????????5??_	?z (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Bad Player Name
8:21:25 BTK uses modified data file
8:21:25 Player BTK (2) connecting.
8:21:34 Player BTK (2) disconnected.
8:22:27 Player BTK disconnected.
8:22:36 BTK uses modified data file
8:22:36 Player BTK connecting.
8:22:44 Player BTK disconnected.
8:22:59 BTK uses modified data file
8:22:59 Player BTK connecting.
8:23:03 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ??TzW???.]??P??0???¦C????? (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2304) connected
8:23:03 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ??TzW???.]??P??0???¦C????? (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Bad Player Name
8:24:33 Player BTK disconnected.
8:24:53 BTK uses modified data file
8:24:53 Player BTK connecting.
8:25:01 Player BTK disconnected.

I had this exact problem when trying to connect to non 94799 servers. I filtered my servers by 94799 and was able to connect to them all just fine. It would seem that something was changed that is not allowing backwards compatibility anymore.

REQUEST :

can You please post

2. Your Windows OS

1. Steam, A2:CO

2.Windows 7 64 bit

3.C:\Users\Troy\My Documents\ArmA 2\Troy.ArmA2OAProfile