Sign in to follow this  
ale2999

Medic

I guess I forgot, but yesterday I continued playing with PMC Fury. A medic is in my squad and when some1 is hurt I'd select the hurt boy and then I'd press 5 and then 1 (call support) and 1 (medic) again. The medic thoe doesnt do notin. why?

Version !.46 is really picky about where guys are and it effects the actions. If a object is too close to the medic the guy won't move around it to get to him. Try moving the medic away from anything that would interfere with him and then order the guy that is injured to heal at the medic.

COLINMAN

A dif. medic topic.

Why cant the player heal himself, and yet... the AI seams to be able to heal itself :/?

I think it should be made available to heal yaself as a medic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 23 2002,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why cant the player heal himself, and yet... the AI seams to be able to heal itself :/?<span id='postcolor'>

They can? Other than the AI medic himself?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 23 2002,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They can? Other than the AI medic himself?<span id='postcolor'>

He meant that the AI medic can heal himself tounge.gif , I've seen that many times.

And he's right if the AI can do it why not the player?...

Here is an AI healing himself:

healing.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 24 2002,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He meant that the AI medic can heal himself tounge.gif , I've seen that many times.

And he's right if the AI can do it why not the player?...<span id='postcolor'>

The AI medic has a medic kit. The player doesn't.

It would be nice if OFP let you pick up medic kits from dead medics or from supplies.

It would also be nice to have stretchers in OFP. That is, if you or a teammate is wounded to the point where you can only crawl, two walking soldiers could carry you on a stretcher but at a slower pace than maximum running speed.

Sorry for halucinating.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 24 2002,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry for halucinating.<span id='postcolor'>

Too much green tea, eh? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The AI medic has a medic kit. The player doesn't.

<span id='postcolor'>

I see...

I meant: when you play as medic of course.

But you're right it would be great to be able to pick up medic packs, perhaps in resistance wink.gif

Ok, ok, I should perhaps stop putting too high expectations in resistance but I'm sure it will be great!

P.S. can you see my picture of the medic? I can't confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 25 2002,14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. can you see my picture of the medic? I can't confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You need to copy the url of the pic and paste it in your browser.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 25 2002,14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. can you see my picture of the medic? I can't confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If this is a free hosting site, most of them do not allow direct links to pictures. Same problem with pics at places like Geocities.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ June 25 2002,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You need to copy the url of the pic and paste it in your browser.<span id='postcolor'>

Well it's visible in the browser confused.gif , here is the link:

AI-Medic

Do you see it here in the forum.

Thanks

I thought other players could heal themselves at a player medic. Is this false?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ June 26 2002,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought other players could heal themselves at a player medic.  Is this false?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you can call in injured (5-4 command menu sequence). You'll be told where to heal. Go there (coild be a medic or an ambulance vehicle or tent) and select HEAL AT... in the action menu.

No no no - if I hadn't figured that out by now, I shouldn't be playing Operation Flashpoint.

I'm asking if a human player can heal at another human player who is playing a medic.