Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Iv been saying i would, so now i am

Wow. Very very impressive. Both nordin and Gimbal. Amazing how talented people we have on the forums. smile.gif

clowns3.jpg

I like this one. Dunno why but it reminds me of Miró in some way. Perhaps the gray/white area contrast and circular forms.

Gimbal:

You have a great eye for constructing a general image by using local details. Great pictures!

As I said earlier, all really cool pictures, Aculaud, nordin and Gimbal. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 20 2002,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's really cool nordin! You got yourself a very powerful graphic style there  smile.gif

I don't have a gallery, but have some shit uploaded on geocities here, you can look if you want:

http://www.geocities.com/kim_syberg/1000.html<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, you could do this for a living biggrin.gif

i was really inspired to draw my own graphic novel after i read the Battle Angel Alita series, but that never went anywhere. I just ended up practicing how to draw good cartoon characters, and realized in the end that i could do better confused.gif

as soon as i finish this one that i'm working on, i'll run it by a mod first, and just maybe it'll get posted wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 20 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gimbal:

You have a great eye for constructing a general image by using local details.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks! I use that "cheat" alot when making storyboards, because the drawings must be done very fast and I can avoid building environment and perspective this way.

how long did that take you? the new one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 20 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how long did that take you? the new one<span id='postcolor'>

the duration of Kid A with Radiohead biggrin.gif - about 3/4 hour

Well, again I am speechless. And you say that you learned to draw like that all by yourself?

wow, i didnt know so many talented people were here. keep up the good work guys.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 20 2002,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, again I am speechless. And you say that you learned to draw like that all by yourself?<span id='postcolor'>

i'v had various art classes, school related and non, but i never really learned anything i didnt already know.

i also just saw the colored version of that newest sketch, and i am very impressed. To this day, iv never been too good with a coloring medium, but i think its time to give my colored pencils another go

Very impressive....all of them smile.gif

nordindk...a couple of your drawings look like woodcuts. smile.gif

"Unfinished, a picture remains alive, dangerous. A finished work is a dead work, killed." -picasso 1961

whatever, can I be ur guys manager, I'd like to exploit tounge.gif ur talent smile.gif . U guys really Gr8 @ it

[insulting post deleted]

Ok, advocatexxx, you got yourself post restricted for 24 h. I suggest that you use that time to learn how to behave towards people in a friendly manner. I have been watching you all day, and the only thing you have done is being negative, unfriendly and insulting towards people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 21 2002,02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[insulting post deleted]

Ok, advocatexxx, you got yourself post restricted for 24 h. I suggest that you use that time to learn how to behave towards people in a friendly manner. I have been watching you all day, and the only thing you have done is being negative, unfriendly and insulting towards people.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

haha

Mocking someone for getting themselves banned is as much of an insult in itself, if one person lost their posting rights for one kind of insult another person could just as easily lose their posting rights for another, think about that smile.gif

Yea, think about that, scum! Damn all those egocentric people who only think about themselves! It's a good thing they get their posting rights removed! Blah! Scum...you must be a real idiot to get banned whahhahaha!!hhaahahahahahahaahha!!!mwhahahaha!

<laughs like that for atleast 43 minutes until he finally figures out he has been before banned too>

EDIT: confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ June 22 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanna know what he said smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

me too. I'm sure it was entertaining. Please un-delete it smile.gif

He is always entertaining, and I think it's great with a little weltschmertz in the Forum.

advocatexxx has taken over where Wobble left off, being the official Forum asshole. It suits him well, and opposed to Wobble he's smart too.

If it's about our drawings....who cares!?.

If somebody's critique knocks you over, that's your problem.

I say, bring it on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ June 21 2002,07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nordindk...a couple of your drawings look like woodcuts. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You're right.

They are rough and rugged, but I think it gives them energy.

I like pictures with people shooting other people. Although when I draw it I never really know how to draw exit wounds, or how blood would fliy ec. I wanna know if there are classes for that kinda stuff. Because how can you learn? By looking at pictures of people being shot? Kinda hard to find...