Sign in to follow this  
-S.I.S.-Necromancer

OH-58 Kiowa

I think the gunner position in the Kiowa should be removed, because it makes no sense.

Yes, u can use manual fire etc....but why the gunner position?

The gunner also controls the laser designator, so unless you don't want to designate a target, then yes, you can live without a gunner.

-=Die Alive=-

yes by turning the helocopter towards the target

with the human gunner you have the option of reconing.. you know hiding in trees while the Flir on top looks around.. and plusnyou can target things without turning the aircraft

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Damage Inc on 6:56 pm on Nov. 22, 2001

You can designate a target without a gunner.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah you can, but wouldn't you rather concentrate on flying and keeping you and your team mate alive? Its so much easier to designate if the gunner does it whilst you fly around in and out of cover and making sure you do not gat gunner down.

Good news!  There's a script by BlueMnky over at the Operation Flashpoint Editing Center forum (thread is called OH-58D Laser Designating Script *working*)that allows you to fly the Kiowa, then switch to the gunner position and designate the target.  This means we can now fly behind cover, switch to gunner, and now be able to designate a target without haveing the AI fly us into harms way.

Way to go BlueMnky.

-=Die Alive=-

Actually, this little heli is one of my favorite aircraft to fly. Its nice being able to stalk troopers and civi's at high speed whilst spinning on a 6 pence at head height.

I just wish you could vary the Loadout on it. A couple of hellfires or TOW's would have not gone astray wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Vegabond on 8:49 pm on Nov. 22, 2001

yes by turning the helocopter towards the target

with the human gunner you have the option of reconing.. you know hiding in trees while the Flir on top looks around.. and plusnyou can target things without turning the aircraft

<span id='postcolor'>

as far as i know, there is no FLIR in OFP

What is the loadout on the game for it? All I got is the FFAR. It needs a .50 on it though. It rocks

for Spec Ops an OH-6 would probably be more authentic

Small chopper but you can put 2 extra troops on either of it's skids =)

The Oh-58 should be able to swtch on a stealth mode for laser designation

I think the OH-58 is a great idea for team-play, user missions etc. Also kind of takes me back to the film 'Wings of the Apache'.

Does the laser designator actually work with Apache fired Hellfires?

Go see Behind Enemy Lines and OOO and AAAAA to every piece of Soviet Hardware you recognize...if you get there in time you'll also probably be treated to a trailer for Black Hawk Down, MH-6's abound with troops on skids included. That film is gonna' be a tear jerker.