PrivateWolf

Anyone know any Objective Scripts(destroy objective) and Trigger AI Spawns??

I would like to know how to make an objective out of destroying a ammo box(objective 1) and killing a enemy officer(objective 2) both objectives saying "Objective completed!" after completing it.. and also I would like to set up an ambush area, basically when a player gets in that trigger circle many AIs would spawn in a particular direction and engage the player(s) that started the trigger. And after all the enemy AI's are killed within the vicinity of the ambush point a message would say "You have successfully fended off an ambush!"

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

For the first 2 objectives, use an alive trigger.

1. create an ammo box, or cache you want to be the objective and give it a name, lets call it cache

2. next to it create a trigger make axis a and b 0<--(zero) in the condition put

!alive cache

3. In the on act space put

hint "The enemy ammo cache has been eliminated!"; 

For the officer, do the same as above, give him a name, and then in the onact space put a message.

Now you wanted it a message would come up when they are both destroyed in the !Alive put cache; !Alive Officer

not sure if it would work I never tried it that way, but one !Alive trigger will work for sure.

As far as your ambush, I may suggest a script/demo-->http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=31

Hope that helps.

Then name multiple caches like cache1 , cache2 , cache3 etc and have the trigger condition as

!alive cache1 AND !alive cache2 AND !alive cache3

So the trigger will only activate once all the caches are destroyed.

Then name multiple caches like cache1 , cache2 , cache3 etc and have the trigger condition as

So the trigger will only activate once all the caches are destroyed.

What if you want a hint saying "1 out 3 caches destroyed" or "2 out 3 caches destroyed"

c1,c2,c3-caches

1st trigger

Condition:

!alive c1 or !alive c2 or !alive c3

On act:

hint "1 of 3 catches destroyed"

2nd trigger:

Condition:

(!alive c1 and !alive c2) or (!alive c2 and !alive c3) or (!alive c1 and !alive c3)

On act:

hint "2 of 3 caches destroyed"

3rd trigger:

Condition:

!alive c1 and !alive c2 and !alive c3

On act:

hint "3 caches destroyed"

What if you want a hint saying "1 out 3 caches destroyed" or "2 out 3 caches destroyed"

Here's another way

init.sqf

destroyedCaches = 0;

Trigger for every cache

condition: !alive c1
activation: destroyedCaches = destroyedCaches + 1;

Trigger for each hint

condition: destroyedCaches == 1
activation: hint "1 of 3 destroyed";

You can do this without many triggers in script, but triggers are a good way to start.