Sign in to follow this  
Fordie123

Files not signed by a key accepted by this server

This error keeps popping up when i try to join multiplayer games, I just purchased the game off steam yesterday (arma 2 and arma 2 oa). A list of about four files comes up with this error written along the bottom. Any idea whats causing the problem or solutions? (note; i tried re-installing both games but no dice)

I first thought this was just with dayz servers, but it is with all types of servers i try to connect to

A list of about four files comes up with this error

I guess this list is top secret, else you would share it with us so we could take a closer look to the problem.

Without this list, only thing which can be said: you have a addon (or 4 of them) loaded which isn't allowed on the servers.

I was actually able to sort it myself, but thanks for the interest in helping lads, much appreciated

(i will message a mod to lock the thread)

Instead of contacting a mod to request this being locked be so kind to share with the rest how you fixed this!

Afterall, are we only good enough to help you or are you good enough to share your knowledge with the rest of the community?

yes of course, where are my manners, well after writing down the names of the files that were brought up (all of which where found in the add-on folder), i simply deleted them. Sounds too simple to work but it did, and no aspect of the game has been changed whatsoever (the files were to do with water-copy.pbo, uifonts-copy.pbo and warefare2veichles-copy.pbo)

yes of course, where are my manners, well after writing down the names of the files that were brought up (all of which where found in the add-on folder), i simply deleted them. Sounds too simple to work but it did, and no aspect of the game has been changed whatsoever (the files were to do with water-copy.pbo, uifonts-copy.pbo and warefare2veichles-copy.pbo)

Okay. If you would have provided us the names of those files to begin with, we could have helped you much quicker!

Glad you got it fixed though. Have fun playing ArmA!

Myke;2160843']Hmmm...maybe it's paranoia but these filenames sounds fishy to me.

They somehow got copied into the same folder twice. I'm assuming they are legitimate files, but only with -copy at the end. I've had it happen to me a few times, but only if I'm trying to move files.

yes, with the mouse and right click, maybe a bit drunk ;) it happens often that I copy files accidently.. I guess this is what happened to the OP too.

thanks for all the help guys, its great to be back playing arma :D

Myke;2159943']I guess this list is top secret' date=' else you would share it with us so we could take a closer look to the problem.

Without this list, only thing which can be said: you have a addon (or 4 of them) loaded which isn't allowed on the servers.[/quote']

THANKSSSS THAT WORKED!!!, cant believe that ive searched 5 days for a solution while it is so simple!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

https://gyazo.com/658a18749c71c401bdbb7f8385b7b99f

How to fix, i cant join any servers. 

First this is arma 2 thread, The screen you posted is from Arma 3

Second you have Mods Enabled that the server do not accept. Disable those mods, and you are good to go.

Always Check what mods the server uses before you try to join.

If you dont have the required mods, or you have mods that the server doesnt use and the server has protection against using invanted mods, you will not be able to join.