Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

Plane damage causes CTD?

Iron Front occasionally crash to desktop on my computer. Usually when there's an airplane involved. After a few tests I believe I have managed to pinpoint a problem that causes these CTD's. When a player controlled plane receives damage (from bullets or bombs dropped at low altitude) the game often locks up and freezes, followed by a CTD. It doesn't seem to affect AI controlled planes, as far as I can tell.

Was playing a mission where I had German's attacking an airfield and I controlled a plane aiding the assault and every once in a while, while playing I would randomly CTD.

I was coming on here to complain but I found this thread.

I'm pretty frustrated right now...

But I can confirm this is a definitely problem that needs fixing ASAP.

Same. Did a little dog fighting in the show case mission and the moment the enemy pilots bailed the game CTD. There are also random CTDs in the SP campagin.

I am using Steam v1.01.

I think this problem exist also when firing on vehicles, I get a huge slow down when a half track is taking fire, after the first slow down, the game is smooth though. Then you can fire on the vehicle at will, and the game stay fluid. I don't know why but it seems to me that the game crash more often when playing German than when playing Russian.

Same here, if i fly with german or russian planes and i´m infight it needs not long to CTD....that´s not all- there is much more wrong with iron front