Sign in to follow this  
Kochleffel

Anticheat

Wait a minute, BE doesn't come with IF44?

Well let us prepare for script kiddy rape...

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any anti-cheat.

They MUST include battleye anti cheat, otherwise this would be the death of multiplayer.

If they haven't included any anti cheat then that is a massive mistake and will kill mp in no time.

now im starting to feel like i just wasted my money :|

on the other hand battleye never stopped people from killing servers, arma never had a decent anticheat.

At the moment for a while there is no way to create any fan mods, so means no huge cheating. We will let the players to test the game firstly itself, shall we?) With the mods will come and the anti-cheat.

i dont mind if they include Battleye. guess they need to sell some copies 1st so they can afford buying BE support as AC :p

At the moment for a while there is no way to create any fan mods, so means no huge cheating.

that doesnt stop someone from injecting script commands. Ie. do godmode, add weapons. spawn unwanted stuff and so on.

Edited by nuxil

At the moment for a while there is no way to create any fan mods, so means no huge cheating. We will let the players to test the game firstly itself, shall we?) With the mods will come and the anti-cheat.

Since the engine can generate the IFA files (Via exporting missions), I'm sure the IFA format is not too different from the PBO format. I give it a few days before somebody cracks open IFA files, throws some shit in them and goes cheating online.

EDIT: As Nuxil pointed out, people will inject scripting commands and screw everybody over real quick.

Edited by GossamerSolid