Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

The worldcup 2002

Next matches will all be fair (referee ). There is already too much fuzz about that.

So i guess Germany is lucky.

Go Turkey !

COngrats GERMANY!!

The finals is gonna be exciting!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ June 25 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont you see how damm TIRED  all of those players were? Champions League is 170% faster and better!<span id='postcolor'>

Which is why Argentina, France, England, Italy and Spain are out. Just playing the league, the cups, the international competitions and the games for the national team, altogether about 50-60 games, then you get 2 weeks rest, then you are supposed to play a WC. Rubbish. The UEFA needs to reduce the amount of games, otherwise European football is going to decline into oblivion on the international level.

Well, several german players play for Leverkusen and this team played Champions League and national Cup final. They got second in both cups as well as second in the Bundesliga; wonder what they will feel like, when they now get second in World Cup biggrin.gif

And what about Dortmund? They lost in the final of the UEFA cup biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Anyways, may the best team win the world cup, unless they're Germany tounge.gif

Korea actually did very impressivly in this game.

First asians country to ever enter the world cup semi.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ June 25 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bwahahahaha yeeeehaaaa!!! Korea is out!!<span id='postcolor'>

and spain got beaten by Korea anyhow. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and spain got beaten by Korea anyhow. <span id='postcolor'>

Ure wrong, the referee and his assistants were from Egypt, Uganda and Trinidad-Tobago, not from Korea tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ June 25 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ure wrong, the referee and his assistants were from Egypt, Uganda and Trinidad-Tobago, not from Korea  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That statement pretty much says it all doesn't it, perhaps if "World Class" linesmen were picked instead of any old linesman as long as he's from every different country perhaps the standard would be better smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 24 2002,14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ June 23 2002,14<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm all for China, Africa, S.Korea etc... getting into football, thats a great thing. Its just with the yanks they'll want to take the whole thing over if they ever develop a mass liking to it (which, as the evidence suggests, they never will - ''We'll get into their (as in the worlds) pathetic soccer game if and when we win the thing'' - some american journalist on the world cup and football generally (the real football that is)). So if they ever do get into it, they'll invest billions into it - american league gets all the best players - everyone has to watch american league....<span id='postcolor'>

The Americans already did that once in the 70's I believe.  They started a league and bought some legendary players from international teams (like Pele for example). However, the league still died from lack of interest despite all the great names. I think MLS will do fine for now if only to get our talent cultivated for international competition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The fact that they have forever been so willing to slag off football is enough reason not to want them in it.<span id='postcolor'>

Slagging off football?  I don't think so. The US just has cultural ties deep into its own sports.  Football/Soccer just doesn't have the roots that all our favorite sports have (although there have been major declines in interest in baseball here).  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The comments they made about winning against portugal (who cares if we beat portugal, america is better at portugal than everything) also suggest they would bring some negative things to the sport.<span id='postcolor'>

uhhh.. where did you see this?  sounds like something you just made up.<span id='postcolor'>

The article i refer to mainly was in Time Magazine. I can't remember the quotes exactly right now but they went something like this -

''The World was in shock when USA beat Portugal, it will be known as a great upset in the world cup. Why is this? there is nothing the Portugese are better than the americans at, except maybe producing fine salted cod and cheap wine. The country has been in decline since 1494''

then theres that whole ''The world has done a poor job promoting their pathetic world cup to us (americans)''. Like anyone cares about them watching it anyway.

I read the article that stated all this in the mirror, it was by des kelly and i'm trying to find it on the net, might even e-mail him to ask where he got it.

I'll see if i can dig up more quotes from it, unfortunatly i've binned the paper since i read it sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Postduifje @ June 24 2002,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The fact is: both Italy and Spain are bad losers.

Luck wasn't on there side, and the referee might have been influenced by the pressure of the audience and the magnitude of the match.

but this is not the way to react. They're just making a fool out of themselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Italy are, but the fact is Spain are complaining because they outplayed Korea, and should've won 2-0. They scored 2 goals, both of them should have been allowed. There was no foul play or anything that should've affected them.

Spain won that game 2-0, and yet they didn't go through. I think they have every right to complain, they have been cheated out of the world cup. Like they said ''This wasn't just some Friendly, it was the world cup''.

I'm pretty certain, in fact i guarentee, if anyone here was in that Spanish team that played Korea, they'd be complaining about this for years, and yes, i myself would be tempted to go out there and kick the linesman in the balls.

Korea didn't deserve to get this far. they've tried hard and they've given football a better reputation, but the fact is, they aren't good enough to get this far in the world cup. This is proven by the fact that they got beaten by Italy and Spain. Its just a shame these wins were totally fucked up by ignorant reffing.

Corrupt or not, those linesman should never ref top level matches like this again, and the ref himself was a bit suspect as mora pointed out.

I'm not a Spain fan, nor am i an italian fan (i fucking hate italian footballers actually). But i was still extremly pissed off at the treatment they recieved from the reffing.

I think the fact that korea got this far is enough to prove they got special treatment. Sod their high work rate, that doesn't make up for the fact they aren't good enough to beat top level teams like Spain and Italy. They only beat them because they were playing 14 players at once (if you include ref and both linesmen).

I'm pretty sure people like placebo would be screaming and shouting and crying if england had a goal like that of Morientes disallowed, especially if that goal would've given us victory over say Brazil. We'd probably react much worse than the Italians and Spanish.

The truth is ... there is no more favorites. none game is easy.

France left the cup with no goals. Great teams were beat by some "unknown" countries. But in the end, only the stronghest survive. So do germany and so will do brazil.

IMHO, the germans dont play football.. they play something that hardely remember that tounge.gif,  its clearly dependend on some air play, and the most skilled with footplay - Ballak- is out.

now.. just tell me:

Who has won most cups?

The final game will rock.

BRASIL PENTACAMPEÄ‚O!

(Edit: Did you see the Ronaldo's hair? It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever saw wow.gif ...er.. not so ridiculous as italy, france and argentina been beated out that way ) biggrin.gif

Copacabannockburn by Barry McManilow

His name was David,

He was a goalie,

With a pigtail in his hair, why was he standing way out there ?

He tried to run back but couldn't make it,

The Brazilians watched it from a far, as it sneaked under the bar

You could hear the crowd roar, Rivaldo's lying on the floor

The lions whimpered out the door,

Oh baby, who could ask for more...

At the Copa, oh, Copa-ca-bann-ock-burn,

Its great to watch Rivaldo turn,

The man with the Moustache should stick to making the adverts,

At the Copa - They fell to bits.

His name was Rio, He was a diamond,

He was running round in rings, he saw Rivaldo level things,

And when he finished, He called him over

But Rio went to slow, Rivaldo slammed it in the goal,

And then Brooking had a spew, Motson bit his mike in two,

Then Rhonaldino, he got a red card, but with Mills picked by Sven

It looked like ten versus ten....

With heskey near the ball, how did they score a goal at all ?,

At the Copa - We laughed and laughed.

His Name was Bobby, He was the captain,

But that was 30 years ago, thats when they used to have a show,

Now its a party, but not for Beckham,

Still in the dress he used to wear, faded feathers in his hair,

He slumps down on the pitch refined, and then cries himself half blind,

He lost his cup, and lost his glory,

But up in Scotland thats not the story. ...

Three little kittys on the chest, Now we all know whos the best,

At the Copa....we...said...good-byeeeeeeee!!.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Poor Seaman, he really didnt see this ball coming. And now the whole world admires Ronaldinho for his excellent goal. But it wasnt meant to be, actually for what he intended to do, the ball came down about 4 metres away. People overestimate Brasil and this you will see today against Turkey. And maybe on Sunday you will for the first time see Brasil against Germany in a worldcup final. If they are as good as everyone sais, they gonna slaughter us. But if they only beat us 1-0 or 2-1 they are not worth all this publicity.

Even if spain and Italy were cheated, so what? All this protest wont change anything anyway, everyone knows that FIFA would never change a final result. But what they do is harm their reputation as sportsmen and they harm the reputation of SOCCER. Dont these morons earn enough? Everyone knows that Italy and spain are good teams. They lost but in 2 years they can try it again. I am pretty much sure England and Germany wouldnt have made such corruption accusals, we would have insulted the opponent, maybe, but not this....  

Whoever is wrong or right I dont care, but it is the reputation of soccer. That is why I think the spanish and the Italians behave like children without self-control. Life is not always fair, but when you are a gentlemen you tell yourself." wait and see next time brothers!" and you leave the pitch with honour!

its now time for television replay evidence, cricket use it rugby use it so why not football

Damm hell everyone has this opinion. I realy dont understand why they dont implement it? You know this is really what I call stupid conservatism! But maybe there are more arguments to it than we know

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ June 26 2002,12:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Poor Seaman, he really didnt see this ball coming. And now the whole world admires Ronaldinho for his excellent goal. But it wasnt meant to be, actually for what he intended to do, the ball came down about 4 metres away. People overestimate Brasil and this you will see today against Turkey. And maybe on Sunday you will for the first time see Brasil against Germany in a worldcup final. If they are as good as everyone sais, they gonna slaughter us. But if they only beat us 1-0 or 2-1 they are not worth all this publicity.

Even if spain and Italy were cheated, so what? All this protest wont change anything anyway, everyone knows that FIFA would never change a final result. But what they do is harm their reputation as sportsmen and they harm the reputation of SOCCER. Dont these morons earn enough? Everyone knows that Italy and spain are good teams. They lost but in 2 years they can try it again. I am pretty much sure England and Germany wouldnt have made such corruption accusals, we would have insulted the opponent, maybe, but not this....  

Whoever is wrong or right I dont care, but it is the reputation of soccer. That is why I think the spanish and the Italians behave like children without self-control. Life is not always fair, but when you are a gentlemen you tell yourself." wait and see next time brothers!" and you leave the pitch with honour!<span id='postcolor'>

Ronaldiho is a great bloke, he is truly a role model and a guy who will be giving brazilian football a great reputation despite poncy players like Rivaldo. I refer of course to the comments he made about scoring that goal after the game. You might expect him to be arrogent but instead he said some really nice things about seaman and basically acted like a true professional. smile.gif he's one of my new favorite players