Sign in to follow this  
killercustom

Help on Singleplayer controls and procedures

Could anyone assist me with how do you aquire ammo for one of your comrads . I am on Badlands and my Guner has used up all his ammo . I do not want to attempt to move forward in the game until he has some ammo . I have experimented with the controls and am at an Armory but can not figure the actions required , out .

Any assistance would be appreciated

Hey, hey, hey, slow down there. First, tell everybody what game this is, preferably in the title. Then you'll get help.

Hey, hey, hey, slow down there. First, tell everybody what game this is, preferably in the title. Then you'll get help.

Excuse me , it would be the ARMA 2 PC game

To make your teammate pick up weapons or gear, first make him move to the gear by selecting him and clicking on where the gear is. When he has walked over there, select him again and press 6 to make him do an action. Then press the number that says gear.

Excuse me , it would be the ARMA 2 PC game

Ah, that's much better. However, if I were you, I'd go look for help in a section like ARMA 2 Questions and Answers or ARMA 2 Troubleshooting. There are probably more people who can help you with that there.

Still, now that we're here, are you using ACE mod or any kind of addon at all? What kind of weapon was the gunner using? An M2? A tank cannon? It's important to be specific with these sorts of things. :D

Cheers, and good luck with the troubleshooting. :yay:

Also, what ^he^ said.

I am not wanting him to swap weapons , I am wanting to give him more ammo . Yes ,he has an M2

Currently, that's only possible via a Vehicle Ammo crate. You can place one from the editor by going into unit placement, switching the side to "Empty", then selecting "Ammo" under unit type and a vehicle ammo crate, generally marked with the side that uses it, e.g. US Army Ammo Crate.

So, you are playing Arma 2 campaign, mission 9 - Badlands and your gunner ran out of ammo for vehicle with M2 machinegun? Dont know which vehicle uses M2 though becouse you pretty much have russian equipment there. Anyway, to rearm you can build Vehicle Service Point via construction menu (play construction tutorial) or build ammo truck (if available in that mission) at Light Vehicle Supply Point.

Whoa, you all are above my knowledge of this game . I see why people want to use cheats in this game , the controls are extremely confusing . I am not using any cheats or Mods , but I wish that I was able to find some for my 1.11 version . It has been years since I have played any of these PC war games and I can see I have lost track of time , this is one of the hardest games I have played yet .

No , I take it back .... its not a M2 machinegun then , dont know what kind of gun it is . Why on this mission am I not able to swap characters by using the "Y" or "U" keys like the other missions ? And , you both are speaking foreign language to me because I do not know what a vehicle ammo crate is or what the construction tutorial is , I saw Construction listed but wasnt sure what it did . I havent accumilated very much money so I havent tried to buy anything . I am suprised I made it this far in the game !

Edited by killercustom

Not all missions allow swappng between character, it depends on mission design. Also, for some reason Warfare disables Team Switch, not sure bug or by design.

Vehicle ammo crate is special ammo crate that, other than having A LOT machinegun ammo inside, can also rearm all vehicles, from HUMMVEE to A-10. Reammo truck works same way, except it's mobile.

If you have already took a village you should build a base, the simpliest way after it's done is to buy an an ammo truck. If your empty soldier is a vehicle it's enough to get him close to truck and he'll rearm automatically. If it's infantrymen you should get him close to truck, select him (F1-F10), and press 6 (context based orders) - Rearm at truck (Ai will rearm himself), or even better Gear (to load him manually).

If it's SP you may be intrested in ASR_AI mod, it provide many features (if you don't like some, those can be disabled), including AI autorearm. Once low on ammo and not under fire, AI will grab more ammo from crates, vehicles, dead bodies, without beign told so. Makes life so much easier.

And you can do all the tutorial missions in "Singleplayer >> Boot Camp" to get familiar with controls. If you have Operation Arrowhead expansion (which you really shoud get :)) then you have even better tutorials. As Badlands is warfare type mission, here you have nice tutorial about it.

Check my sig for any extra help links, although the post above me sums it up completely.