Sign in to follow this  
Baraka

Sniper Elite V2

Hi all.

Last week i read about Sniper Elite V2 was released.

I played the first one a lot, so i´m curios if anyone got it.

For those who don´t know them, It´s a WWII-Sniper Game where you sneak around Berlin as an Single US-Sniper.

Enemys are German soldiers up to tanks.

The great fun in the first Game was ever the Bullet cam in SP and some other candys.

Played it even in a Clan for 2 years. MP was great to. The maps are good and you can always find someone online.

I don´t know if i can post trailer, it´s :butbut:PEGI 16:butbut:. Have a look in Youtube,

the Damage-System is greatly enhanced. You can shot through an enemies visor for example.

The first part was more Arcade than Sim, so i guess there will be some Arrows and "press E, goddamned" too.

If someone knows more, let me now please.

It's pretty good ,but it is consolish - i played original one , not much but original was hell alot harder than this "remake"

also story is missing a soul and atmosfere is not that good as i liked to see :-/

What struck me the most were similarities to the Wings of Prey engine, i really think it´s the same thing.

With that it also shares the part time cool atmosphere, if you can let loose of the "realisum!" factor.

It lacks in-depth features and actual long rage shots. Strange in a game called sniper elite..

Leaves the impression of a Moorhuhn game (sans selfscrolling) most of the time.

Scripted events, cheating AI, mostly just one route to go, no freedom.

The kill cam & xray feature really is everything this game´s got to it. Sadly.

That being said, i want it for ArmA! :dance1:

Fun but extremely short campaign. I'd wait until it gets into the $29.99 or below category before pulling the trigger (no pun intended).

I finished it on 'Sniper Elite mode' in under 4 hours. This is pretty much par for the course these days so I can't really hold it against this game specifically. Gone are the days of the ~20 hour SP experience (Fallout and TES games excluded).

I agree with Mr Burns, it is a very 'one trick pony' (overused but extremely well done kill cam) and the maximum range you are shooting at is ~200m which I found a little limited.

Nice atmosphere although the enemies just repeat the same canned lines with annoying frequency, definitely not worth $50.00 but still entertaining at a budget level.

Edited by BangTail

It lacks in-depth features and actual long rage shots. Strange in a game called sniper elite..

Indeed. The game's supposed to be about sniping, but basically you could be getting any job done with a standard rifle in pretty much any other game. Sniper Elite makes even shots from 50 meters seem like incredible feats of marksmanship and sniping skill which they aren't. The corridor style maps also take away from the whole sniping concept.

Thanks to all for your opinions.

I know it´s very Arcadish. But i liked Sniper Elite Worlds more than other Arcade FPS. The other "sniper" games like "Sniper: Ghost Warrior" was rubbish as Hell for me. Don´t know why all Studios think a sniper have to shoot always less than 200-300m.

In Multiplayer i liked it for the slow Movement. It´s a lot of camping for all. For me other games like CoD are way to fast. Can´t get fun Online.

Sometimes i need a few days out of Armaverse. That´s like holidays, you are glad when you are back home :cool:.

In Amazon.de the new V2 costs 32€ and the old one from 2006 costs 40€. Mad World.

Guess i let this one out. Saving Money for a new Rig may be the better idea.

Doesn't seem so strange when you clean that ages-old web from X360 ancient era hardware.

Scripted events, cheating AI, mostly just one route to go, no freedom.

What? You don't enjoy Cinematic Experience?

In Amazon.de the new V2 costs 32€ and the old one from 2006 costs 40€.

I got Sniper Elite for £2.24 last week. 75% price reduction on Steam :p