Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Stationary weapon request

After the last couple of weapons on tripods these things would be a great follow up for them.

Javelin

javpic2-s.jpg

Great opertunity for Kegety to finish his work with it wink.gif

TOW

tow_12-s.jpg

MILAN

milan_cat4g-s.jpg

AT-3

hj-73-1-s.jpg

AT-4

at-4-dast8906606_jpg-s.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ June 15 2002,17:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After the last couple of weapons on tripods these things would be a great follow up for them.

Javelin

javpic2-s.jpg

Great opertunity for Kegety to finish his work with it  wink.gif

TOW

tow_12-s.jpg

MILAN

milan_cat4g-s.jpg

AT-3

hj-73-1-s.jpg

AT-4

at-4-dast8906606_jpg-s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent ideas for mods. I agree those would be very good ones to make and no worries about complex ballistics and crap either like on the guns. Just using the standard TOW firing system already in OFP they should all work fine. Someone already made an excellent Javelin missile simulation where the missle arcs up into the air after firing it. That would be sweet seeing something like that which replaced a Carl Gustav rocket on an AT soldier but that was more realistically modelled. A Dragon AT rocket would be nice also.

But yeah for stationary weapons the TOW, MILAN, AT-3, and AT-4 guided missle launchers would be very nice.

I especially love the little "Suitcase Saggers". Those are sweet and classic weapon systems used widely in the Middle East. To bad there probably isn't a way to have the gunner carrying the "suitcase" and then have him sit down and fire it with all the parts layed out and assembled. A tripod based system like the Milan, AT4, or TOW would probably easier to create I imagine.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 15 2002,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone already made an excellent Javelin missile simulation where the missle arcs up into the air after firing it.  That would be sweet seeing something like that which replaced a Carl Gustav rocket on an AT soldier but that was more realistically modelled.   A Dragon AT rocket would be nice also.

But yeah for stationary weapons the TOW, MILAN, AT-3, and AT-4 guided missle launchers would be very nice.

I especially love the little "Suitcase Saggers".   Those are sweet and classic weapon systems used widely in the Middle East.  To bad there probably isn't a way to have the gunner carrying the "suitcase" and then have him sit down and fire it with all the parts layed out and assembled.  A tripod based system like the Milan, AT4, or TOW would probably easier to create I imagine.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

It kegety that made the javelin thats why i mentioned his name under the picture wink.gif

For the last part, that why i said stationary for all them. The guidance system on them are so big that they normally is a two crew based or more

Yea it would be cool to see these as stationary objects. Most of these are in OFP already, but not stationary.. (for example, TOW, AT4, Javelin) if you're looking for stationary objects there is Kegety's new grenade launcher out, if you didnt know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ June 16 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most of these are in OFP already, but not stationary... TOW, AT4, Javelin<span id='postcolor'>

The Sagger is too...the rocket ontop of the BMP-1...

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ June 15 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'v got a javelin in my addon folder<span id='postcolor'>

its not a new model