Sign in to follow this  
PeteWaddell

I have a problem with downloading a map ''Kunar Province' (Without SixUpdater)'

Hello all. I am new to Arma 2 MODDING and Addons. (also the forums)

A few days ago I learned SixUpdater and how it works. Of course I am still learning, I don't know much about it but I sure have been downloading some nice maps! (Panthea, Lingor, Fallujah)

Anyways, A video on youtube back then caught my eye. The korengal Valley. A mate of mine said its called 'Kunar Province in game, so I searched it up on SixUpdater and found nothing. After that I saw it available for download on Armaholic.com . I downloaded it, and all I got was a .txt file with some credits or something and a .pbo file. I made a folder called @Kunar and put the single .pbo file that i downloaded into there, then put it in my arma 2 folder wherethe other maps are located (which I got from SixUpdater) The map does not show in game.

So what I am asking is.. What am I doing wrong? And are there any other simple ways of doing it?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by PeteWaddell
Correction

Are you loading to mod folder? as if you aren't it will not appear in game.

I made a folder called @Kunar and put the single .pbo file that i downloaded into there,

Wrong, I'm afraid. You need the @Kunar, as you have done, but then you need a folder within that called addons. Drop the file in there.

THEN you need to launch arma2. Either put -mod=@kunar in your modline, or even easier, use something like Spiritedmachine's arma2 launcher (REALLY recommend this)

Finally, this is in the wrong forum, but welcome to the forums.

Wrong, I'm afraid. You need the @Kunar, as you have done, but then you need a folder within that called addons. Drop the file in there.

THEN you need to launch arma2. Either put -mod=@kunar in your modline, or even easier, use something like Spiritedmachine's arma2 launcher (REALLY recommend this)

Finally, this is in the wrong forum, but welcome to the forums.

Thankyou for your Reply Kremator. I was going to post this in the 'Troubleshooting' Section, but the Description of that forum pointed me towards asking in the addons/mods section.

So.. is it alright if I continue this conversation? Should I move it? Where to? -- What is a modline, do I put it at the end, or a new line?

What is a modline, do I put it at the end, or a new line?

The Modline is the startup parameter for the game that tells it to use x mod/s when starting up. This should get you more info:

Click me

And I can access the Target line by looking into properties?

I will look more into this tomorrow, thanks alot Exikutioner, and Kremator.

Edited by PeteWaddell

Ebanks, the author of the map, is currently away for a couple more months (should be back in june / july) I have contact with him if nessasary, though it's something on your side. I may have an updated version I could upload on behalf of him, though I'm not sure it's keyed (as it is WIP).

What is the timestamp and size of the kunar_region.pbo that you have?

Mine is as follows

12/2/2010 4:07 PM as date created, modified is 11/21/2010, and the size is 338,657 KB

Ebanks' date=' the author of the map, is currently away for a couple more months (should be back in june / july) I have contact with him if nessasary, though it's something on your side. I may have an updated version I could upload on behalf of him, though I'm not sure it's keyed (as it is WIP).

What is the timestamp and size of the kunar_region.pbo that you have?

Mine is as follows

12/2/2010 4:07 PM as date created, modified is 11/21/2010, and the size is 338,657 KB[/quote']

That would be great if you could do that, Fox. cheers! :D

Date Created: 3/04/2012

Date Modified: 17/08/2011

Size:186,243 KB

Edited by PeteWaddell
removed double post

-snip-

Gave you the info for the wrong file. The one you have is up to date, and the correct size, are you sure you have all the dependencies? Opx buildings & Mikero's trees

Edited by Fox '09

-snip-

Gave you the info for the wrong file. The one you have is up to date' date=' and the correct size, are you sure you have all the dependencies? Opx buildings & Mikero's trees[/quote']

No I'm not sure. The only maps I have downloaded are Fallujah, Panthea, Lingor, and 1 or 2 others.

Hey I noticed that my other map folders dont just have a simgle .pbo .... they have folders for specific objects and decals and other files. I thought I had downloaded the wrong thing at the start. So what I am going to do is delete everything I have with that map, and now my question is.. how shall I download it.. I mean. where to, what to change, etc.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15053&highlight=KUNAR that's just it.

Ebanks used A2 & OA buildings, objects, vegetation etc, as well as some OPX objects & mikero's tree pack (see dependencies in the armaholic site)

Next version will have OPX phased completely out. I don't think there are any OPX objects anyway, might just be a wall here or there. It was a great building pack, but it's outdated and needs to be upgraded.

You can also try out this map:

CLAfghan Link

Hang on.. thanks, but back to where we were talking about the modline. I download this, put it in my folder with the other @maps and it will work?

Sorry, I find it hard to understand when trying to learn this stuff with new software.

Edit: Luckily this time, I found Clafgan on SixUpdater. But that's not it, I would still like to learn this.

Edited by PeteWaddell

You can also enable mods through the expansions menu in the game. There's more mod launchers out there like this one that is more simple than others but easier to use.