Sign in to follow this  
O_Taipan

Hinds and Expansions Setting

It's been bugging me, why do I have two hinds in my expansions list?

Also what is the other thing that is not checked?

My install was basically 1. Install TOHelis, 2. Install 1.05, 3. Install Hinds.

TOH_expansions.png

JRE is the Java Runtime Engine - new feature of Take On Helicopters.

How are you launching Hinds?

I only have one shortcut, so I assume I just pick a hind mission in TOH??

Or should I have a new shortcut? Like the way OA did?

I only have one shortcut, so I assume I just pick a hind mission in TOH??

Or should I have a new shortcut? Like the way OA did?

I launch with Six Updater so don't see what you see. However when I just run the exe I do. Don't worry about the un-ticked items in your expansions list - it shouldn't affect the game.

It's caused by faulty registry entries, which we have updated in the Sprocket setup and Steam (automatically). If you had already installed it on launch day, you'll see it listed twice (but the expansion is working). We'll post info on how to fix it in registry after the weekend (for advanced users).

Was a first time install, only 2 days ago.

But it is working, was just curious so it's low priority.. And still got a quick response, that's great support :)

I started using the mod switch on the shortcut since I'm trying some mods.

With the mod switch there is no issue but I do need to add Hinds to the mods list for it to show up.

Should I also be adding JRE to the mods switch too? What does it do? Is JRE only for some user missions?

I started using the mod switch on the shortcut since I'm trying some mods.

With the mod switch there is no issue but I do need to add Hinds to the mods list for it to show up.

Should I also be adding JRE to the mods switch too? What does it do? Is JRE only for some user missions?

Java, only for user who wants to do missions in java.

Also, the JRE 'expansion' is not a true expansion and does not need to be enabled (it's recognized as such only because of the bin sub folder). We are going to filter it in an update :)

If you know how to work with your Windows registry, you can try the following changes, until the same changes are applied in a patch. Since the expansion does work without these changes, do them only if you want to get rid of the double-listing.

:icon_exclaim:

• These changes are for non-Steam versions of Hinds. Steam should have already automatically applied them.
  • Make a back-up of your registry before attempting these changes, or you may have to fully re-install the game and other applications if something goes wrong.
  • Do not post full dumps of your registry here in case of problems, since this contains info you do not want to disclose to everyone.

I have read the warnings above, and still would like to apply these changes ... :icon_twisted:

1. Find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio key.
  2. Open the Take On Helicopters key.
  3. If it does not exist, add a new String Value: DATA with value %MAIN%
  4. Open sub-key Expansions.
  5. If it does not exist, add a new Key: Take On Helicopters
  6. In this new key, add a new String Value: MODDIR with value HSim
  7. In this new key, add a new String Value: PATH with value Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Take On Helicopters
  8. Go back to the Expansions key, and open the Take On Hinds sub-key.
  9. Make sure the following String Values are set: LOADBEFORE - Take On Helicopters, MODDIR - Hinds and PATH - Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Take On Hinds

hi sorry for my english, i have another prob with hinds: I buyed the add-on over steam, and now.... i can only play ToH: But not HINFS!

In this list where you have two addons from Hind listed, i have only jrle and ToH! Can sombody help me??

(I´m from Germany)

Run steam client as Admin. That should solve the problem (Steam beenden, Rechtsklick auf Steamverknüpfung und "Als Administrator ausführen")

Hi

I have the same problem like other 99.9% people, who buy ToH + Addon Hinds on Steam :/ I don't see my addon in the game :/ I run Steam as a administrator, and I have patch 1.5.

Best regards.